Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
American Body Building Extreme XXL™ - Strawberry Banana
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
What You Need
- Extreme Calories
- Extreme Protein & Carbs
- Extreme Mass
- Minimal Fat
- 980 Calories
- 46 GM of Whey Protein Isolate
- Less Than 195 GM of Stacked Carbs*
- 1 GM of Fat
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
For Mass Gain: Drink one (1) bottle up to three (3) times daily to support you high protein and calorie needs. For Post Workout Recovery: Bigin drinking one (1) bottle immediately upon completing your workout. As a general rule, consume approx. one (1) gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, per day, split evenly over five (5) to seven (7) meals and supplements.*
Serving Size 1 bottles Servings Per Container 12 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 980.00 Calories from Fat 10.00 Total Fat 1.00 g 2% Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3% Cholesterol 20.00 mg 7% Sodium 460.00 mg 19% Potassium 290.00 mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 197.00 g 66% Sugars 48.00 g Protein 46.00 g 92% Phosphorus 2.50 g 0% Calcium 60.00 mg 6% Iron 1.00 mg 6% Chromium (as Chromium GTF Polynicotinate) 18.00 mcg 15% Iodine 50.00 mcg 33% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Triple Filtered Water, Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Isolate, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Phosphoric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Potassium Benzoate, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red #40
Storage Instructions: Shake container before use.
Store in a cool dry place.
Refrigerate after opening.
Warning: For your protection, do not use if blister backing appears to have been disturbed, or if individual blister units are broken, torn, or missing.
Consult your physician prior to using this product it you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, under 18 years of age or have a medical condition. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Check with a qualified healthcare professional before taking this product if you have any serious medical conditions, including diabetes and hypoglycemia.
Manufactured & Distributed By:
AMERICAN BODY BUILDING PRODUCTS®
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84104
- Health Notes
American GinsengAmerican GinsengThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:Common Cold and Sore ThroatDose: 400 mg per day of a freeze-dried extractIn a double-blind study, supplementing with American ginseng significantly reduced the number of colds that people experienced over a four-month period.(more)InfectionDose: Refer to label instructionsAmerican ginseng supports the immune system and protects against microbes.(more)Type 2 DiabetesDose: 3 grams with or following mealsSupplementing with American ginseng may help improve blood sugar control.(more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsAsian ginseng has been associated with improved athletic performance, though findings have been inconsistent. Its cousin, American ginseng, was found ineffective at improving endurance exercise performance in untrained people after one week. It is possible that different amounts and durations might affect results.(more)Common Cold and Sore ThroatDose: 400 mg per day of a freeze-dried extract
In a double-blind study, supplementation with American ginseng significantly reduced by 27% the number of colds that people experienced over a four-month period, compared with a placebo.1 The amount used in this study was 400 mg per day of a freeze-dried extract.ReferencesInfectionDose: Refer to label instructions
Herbs that support a person's immune system in the fight against microbes include the following: American ginseng, andrographis, Asian ginseng, astragalus, coriolus, eleuthero, ligustrum, maitake, picrorhiza, reishi, schisandra, and shiitake.1ReferencesType 2 DiabetesDose: 3 grams with or following mealsIn a small preliminary trial, 3 grams of American ginseng was found to lower the rise in blood sugar following the consumption of a high-glucose drink by people with type 2 diabetes.1 The study found no difference in blood sugar-lowering effect if the herb was taken either 40 minutes before the drink or at the same time. A follow-up to this study found that increasing the amount of American ginseng to either 6 or 9 grams did not increase the effect on blood sugar following the high-glucose drink in people with type 2 diabetes.2 This study also found that American ginseng was equally effective in controlling the rise in blood sugar whether it was given together with the drink or up to two hours before.References
1. Vuksan V, Sivenpiper JL, Koo VYY, et al. American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) reduces postprandial glycemia in nondiabetic subjects and subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:1009-13.
2. Vuksan V, Sivenpiper JL, Koo VYY, et al. American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) reduces postprandial glycemia in nondiabetic subjects and subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:1009-13.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsExtensive but often poorly designed studies have been conducted on the use of Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) to improve athletic performance.1, 2While some early controlled studies suggested there might be benefits, several recent double-blind trials have found no significant effects of Asian ginseng on endurance exercise.3, 4, 5In many studies, it is possible that ginseng was used in insufficient amounts or for an inadequate length of time; a more effective regimen for enhancing endurance performance may be 2 grams of powdered root per day or 200 to 400 mg per day of an extract standardized for 4% ginsenosides, taken for eight to twelve weeks.6Short-term intense exercise has also not been helped by Asian ginseng according to double-blind trials,7, 8 but one controlled study reported increased pectoral and quadricep muscle strength in non-exercising men and women after taking 1 gram per day of Asian ginseng for six weeks.9
An extract of a related plant, American Gingseng (Panax quinquefolius), was found ineffective at improving endurance exercise performance in untrained people after one week's supplementation in a double-blind study.10Standardized extracts of American ginseng, unlike Asian ginseng, are not known. However, dried root powder, 1-3 grams per day in capsule or tablet form, can be used. Some herbalists also recommend 3-5 ml of tincture three times per day.References
1. Bahrke MS, Morgan WP. Evaluation of the ergogenic properties of ginseng. Sports Med 1994;18:229-48 [review].
2. Bahrke MS, Morgan WR. Evaluation of the ergogenic properties of ginseng: an update. Sports Med 2000;29:113-33 [review].
3. Engels HJ, Wirth JC. No ergogenic effects of ginseng (Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer) during graded maximal aerobic exercise. J Am Diet Assoc 1997;97:1110-5.
4. Allen JD, McLung J, Nelson AG, Welsch M. Ginseng supplementation does not enhance healthy young adults' peak aerobic exercise performance. J Am Coll Nutr 1998;17:462-6.
5. Bahrke MS, Morgan WR. Evaluation of the ergogenic properties of ginseng: an update. Sports Med 2000;29:113-33 [review].
6. Bucci LR. Selected herbals and human exercise performance. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;72:624S-36S [review].
7. Engels HJ, Fahlman MM, Wirth JC. Effects of ginseng on secretory IgA, performance, and recovery from interval exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2003;35:690-6.
8. Engels HJ, Kolokouri I, Cieslak TJ 2nd, Wirth JC. Effects of ginseng supplementation on supramaximal exercise performance and short-term recovery. J Strength Cond Res 2001;15:290-5.
9. McNaughton L. A comparison of Chinese and Russian ginseng as ergogenic aids to improve various facets of physical fitness. Int Clin Nutr Rev 1989;9:32-5.
10. Morris AC, Jacobs I, McLellan TM, et al. No ergogenic effect on ginseng ingestion. Int J Sport Nutr 1996;6:263-71.
Parts Used & Where Grown
Like its more familiar cousin Asian ginseng(Panax ginseng), the root of American ginseng is used medicinally. The plant grows wild in shady forests of the northern and central United States, as well as in parts of Canada. It is cultivated in the United States, China, and France.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Mix
- Causes Side Effects
- Chalky Consistency
- Difficult to Swallow
- Poor Taste
Comments about ABB American Body Building Extreme XXL™ - Strawberry Banana:
Please consider my experience with this product before purchasing through any vendor.First of all, I ordered this through GNC months ago. Had no problems with [...] price. GNC is good for that.However, I think it's my civic duty to warn about this supplement. As someone looking to gain weight and a person who has had experience with other weight-gain drinks and mixes, I think that considering the quality of this product is very important, despite its obvious pros - good calories, quick source of protein.Frankly, this stuff tastes like poop. I have three bottles left and can't wait to finish them. I used to drink them straight out of the bottle, but have since decided against that because of the stomach pain I have endured as a result of these drinks. I do not have a weak stomach and have had other terrible-tasting mixes. This one tops the bunch, though. In order to use the drinks, I make smoothies full of fruits and veggies, as well as various other supplements, and the taste still slices through, making me cringe every time I drink it. I've found that adding a little sugar dulls the taste, but it's just not worth it.Trust me - unless you're lacking taste buds, this stuff is NOT for you. Look elsewhere and save yourself the pain.
- Ask A Question