Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
Dymatize® Nutrition Elite Casein XT - Smooth Vanilla
Sale Price: $37.99
Select a Flavor:
- Chocolate Milk
- Smooth Vanilla
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
DYMATIZE® ELITE CASEIN XT provides 24 grams of slow digesting casein protein per serving. ELITE CASEIN XT is specifically designed to digest more slowly in your body than other rapid release protein sources such as whey. This slow digestion is a result of the natural pH sensitivity of Casin Protein in the digestive track. Because of the natural thickening effect of ELITE CASEIN XT in the low pH environment of the stomach, a prolonged and steady release of protein is obtained. This delayed digestion is often desirable, especially at bedtime or other periods when your body can go for an extended period of hours without food.
ELITE CASEIN XT is further enhanced by the addition of NUTRATERIC®, a revolutionary, pharmaceutically- developed coating system. This delayed release technology allows the specific material it coates to release at a particular pH range. In fact, with this coating process, the resting digestion can take more than twice as long as other forms of non-coated protein, further enhancing the extended release capacity of Dymatize ELITE CASEIN XT.
Each serving of ELITE CASEIN XT. is delicious and satisfying. Due to the naturally hydroscopic nature of casein proteins, ELITE CASEIN XT. is noticeably thicker and smoother than other non-casein based products. ELITE CASEIN XT. is made from only protein sources with a PDCAAS (protein digestibility corrected amino acid)of 1.0 (perfect score) or higher. With 24 grams of Casein-derived protein, and about 10 grams of BCAAs, Glutamine and Precursors teamed with the revolutionary NUTRATERIC® coating, ELITE CASEIN XT. will help you achieve all your fitness goals.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Mix 1 scoop with 10-12 ounces of water, milk or other liquid. Use Dymatize Elite Casein XT before bed, in place of or in addition to small meals, and/or any other time when delayed protein absorption is desired.
Serving Size 1 scoop Servings Per Container 27 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 5.00 Total Fat 0.50 g 1% Cholesterol 5.00 mg 2% Sodium 55.00 mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 4.00 g 1% Calories 115.00 Potassium 240.00 mg 7% Sugars 0.00 Protein 24.00 g 48% Proprietary Enzyme Blend (Zytrix ® Protease Lactase Lipase) 40.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Casein Protein Blend ((Micellar Casein, Calcium Caseinate, Nutrateric®, Enteric Coating (Purified Water, Ethyl Cellulose, Oleic Acid), Medium Chain Triglycerides-MCTs), Milk Protein, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose, Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide
Warning: Do not use as a sole source for weight loss or maintenance.
Contains Milk and Soy.
Manufactured & Distributed by Dymatize Enterprises Inc. 13737 N Stemmons FWY, Dallas, TX 75234
- Health Notes
Casein ProteinCasein ProteinThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein in milk may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition. (more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower, prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids, so some speculate that it may better support protein synthesis by the body compared with proteins like whey protein that are more rapidly digested. (more)ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein, the main protein in milk, may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition.1, 2 In a controlled trial, overweight women dieted for four months using a low-calorie diet that included three daily shakes made from either casein or soy protein.3 Both groups lost similar amounts of weight, with similar improvements in body composition, suggesting there was no difference in the weight-loss benefits of soy or casein protein. In another controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight lost a similar amount of weight as did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan. However, the men using casein protein gained more lean body mass and lost more body fat than the men using whey protein.4References
1. Hochstenbach-Waelen A, Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, at al. Comparison of 2 diets with either 25% or 10% of energy as casein on energy expenditure, substrate balance, and appetite profile. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:831-8.
2. Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, Hochstenbach-Waelen A, at al. Comparison of the effects of a high- and normal-casein breakfast on satiety, 'satiety' hormones, plasma amino acids and subsequent energy intake. Br J Nutr 2009;101:295-303.
3. Anderson JW, Fuller J, Patterson K, et al. Soy compared with casein meal replacement shakes with energy-restricted diets for obese women: randomized controlled trial. Metabolism 2007;56:280-8.
4. Demling RH, DeSanti L. Effect of a hypocaloric diet, increased protein intake and resistance training on lean mass gains and fat mass loss in overweight police officers. Ann Nutr Metab 2000;44:21-9.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower yet more prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids.1 This has led to speculation that casein may support protein synthesis by the body for a longer period of time compared with proteins, such as whey protein, that are more rapidly digested. However, in two double blind trials, measurements of muscle protein synthesis after leg exercises were similar whether casein or whey protein (either 20 grams or 0.3 grams per 2.2 lbs body weight taken one hour after exercise) was consumed. Other double blind studies have shown that adding protein supplements to a weight-training program improves gains in muscle mass and strength, but only one trial has compared using casein alone to other proteins for improving body composition and muscle strength. In this controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight gained more strength and lean body mass, and lost more body fat than did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan.ReferencesCasein is the main protein found in milk. Similar to other animal proteins, casein is a complete protein, providing generous amounts of essential amino acids.1 However, it is digested more slowly than most other animal proteins, resulting in a more prolonged release of amino acids into the bloodstream.2
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question