Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
EPIQ™ Isolate - Vanilla
Select a Flavor:
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
RAPID & SUSTAINED-RELEASE PROTEIN ISOLATE
- 53 Servings
- 20g Protein
- 1g Fat
- 0g Sugar
- 3g Carbs
- 100mg Digestive Enzymes
- 100% Protein Isolate Matrix
- Powerful Recovery & Musclebuilding Formula
- No Artificial Colors or Additives
- Ultra-Clean, Low Fat & Delicious Taste
EPIQ Guaranteed Supplements are:
- Free of banned substances
- Free of artificial colors or dyes
- Free of harmful impurities
- Free of undeclared ingredients
- Developed with scientifically researched key ingredients
- Manufactured according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) standards, as is required for all dietary supplements
- Made in the U.S.A. from international and domestic ingredients
- Ultra-clean protein from 100% whey, milk and casein isolates
- Formulated with a digestive enzyme matrix
- Delicious, great-tasting shake that is low in fat and contains zero sugar.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Mix 1 scoop with 4 to 8 oz. of cold water or skim milk in a glass or shaker cup. To meet your protein needs, follow the Adaptive Dosing Protocol Chart. Use between major meals and before and after exercise. Read the entire label before use and follow the directions provided.
Three EASY WAYS TO ENJOY A DELICIOUS SHAKE!
- EASY: Blend with ice, juice, fruit or peanut butter until thick
- EASIER: Shake in a shaker cup until mixed.
- EASIEST: Stir in a glass of water or milk
Serving Size 1 Scoop Servings Per Container 53 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 100.00 Calories from Fat 10.00 Total Fat 1.00 g 1% Saturated Fat 0.00 g 0% Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 30.00 mg 10% Dietary Fiber 0.00 g 0% Calcium 100.00 mg 10% Sodium 160.00 mg 7% Total Carbohydrates 3.00 g 1% Sugar 0.00 g Protein 20.00 g 40% Digestive Enzyme Blend 100.00 mg ** Amylase ** Papain ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Isolate Protein Blend (From Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate and Isolate-Grade Calcium Caseinate), Protein Synthesis & Recovery Blend (Taurine, Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Carnitine, L-Tartrate), Maltodextrin
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool dry place (60°F to 80°F).
Warning: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a medical doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. Discontinue use and consult a medical doctor if you experience unusual symptoms. Do not use if packaging has been tampered with.
Contains milk and soy ingredients. Processed in a facility that also processes wheat, egg, and peanut ingredients.
Distributed by Iovate Health Sciences U.S.A. Inc. 1105 North Market Street, Suite 1330, Wilmington, DE 19801
- Health Notes
Rice ProteinRice ProteinThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:AtherosclerosisDose: Refer to label instructionsThough not yet proven in clinical research, animal studies suggest that rice protein-based diets result in less buildup of atherosclerotic plaque compared with animal protein-based diets. (more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsSome athletes believe rice protein may also improve blood flow to muscle to enhance growth and repair. However, no research has investigated the effects of rice protein on athletic performance. (more)ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsDieters who are gluten or dairy sensitive and looking to supplement protein might consider rice protein, though its actual benefits for weight loss have not been studied.(more)AtherosclerosisDose: Refer to label instructionsAnimal studies suggest that rice protein-based diets result in less buildup of atherosclerotic plaque compared with animal protein-based diets.1 This effect may be due to mechanisms involving antioxidant function,2 cholesterol metabolism,3 or insulin function.4 Controlled human studies are needed to determine whether consuming rice protein can prevent or treat atherosclerotic disease.References
1. Burris RL, Xie CH, Thampi P, et al. Dietary rice protein isolate attenuates atherosclerosis in apoE-deficient mice by upregulating antioxidant enzymes. Atherosclerosis 2010;212:107-15.
2. Burris RL, Xie CH, Thampi P, et al. Dietary rice protein isolate attenuates atherosclerosis in apoE-deficient mice by upregulating antioxidant enzymes. Atherosclerosis 2010;212:107-15.
3. Yang L, Kadowaki M. Effects of rice proteins from two cultivars, Koshihikari and Shunyo, on hepatic cholesterol secretion by isolated perfused livers of rats fed cholesterol-enriched diets. Ann Nutr Metab 2009;54:283-90.
4. Ronis MJ, Badeaux J, Chen Y, Badger TM. Rice protein isolate improves lipid and glucose homeostasis in rats fed high fat/high cholesterol diets. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 2010;235:1102-13.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructions
Compared with other protein supplements, rice protein has more of the amino acid arginine, and since arginine is a vasodilator that can enhance blood flow to tissues, some athletes believe rice protein may also improve blood flow to muscle to enhance growth and repair. However, no research has investigated the effects of rice protein on athletic performance.ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsDieters who are gluten or dairy sensitive and looking to supplement protein might consider rice protein, though its actual benefits for weight loss have not been studied.
Rice protein is extracted from rice and used in some protein supplements. Vegetarians may prefer it over protein supplements made from animal sources (such as whey or casein, which are milk proteins). Since rice is rarely involved in food allergies,1 rice protein may also be preferred by people with food allergies, and may be suitable to use in hypoallergenic infant formulas.2 Rice protein is not a complete protein, however, due to insufficient levels of the amino acids lysine and threonine.3, 4 Therefore, these amino acids are often added to rice protein products to correct this imbalance.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question