Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
EVOGEN® Cell K.E.M. - Fruit Punch
Sale Price: $51.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
Cell K.E.M. ™ is precisely formulated with ingredients designed to maximize muscle growth, repair and recovery following high-intensity training. Cell K.E.M.'s ultra-potent and ultra soluble ingredients, including FUSIL™ and pharmaceutical grade BCAA's in the 4:1:1 anabolic ratio, will help accelerate repair of damaged muscle fibers. Cell K.E.M.'s cutting edge formula utilizes Nitric Oxide and Creatine Gluconate to maximize speed of amino acid transport while maintaining muscle fullness, even during periods of extreme dieting. Cell K.E.M. is one of most complete muscle building and recovery catalysts ever formulated.
"I work with the most elite athletes in the world; athletes whose ultra intense training demands maximum recovery to drive performance day in day out, Cell K.E.M. delivers – you'll recover faster and get back to the gym bigger and stronger than ever before." – Hany Rambod, The Pro Creator, creator of FST-7 Training program and CEO of Evogen Nutrition
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Consume recommended dose immediately after training, on an empty stomach. Mix with 4-6 oz cold water per scoop. Wait at least 20-30 minutes before consuming any typical post-workout protein shake or meal. For best results, use within 60 days of breaking the seal.
For 100-150lb athlete - 1.0 scoop
For 150-200lb athlete - 1.5 scoops
For 200+ athlete - 2 Scoops
Serving Size 1 Scoop Servings Per Container 40 Amount Per Serving % DV Sodium 155.00 mg 6% Potassium 78.00 mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 0.00 g 0% Phosphorus 110.00 mg 11% Calories 0.00 Sugars 0.00 g Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 250.00 mg 417% Calcium 50.00 mg 5% Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.70 mg 47% Riboflavin 1.70 mg 100% Niacin 5.00 mg 25% Pyridoxine 5.00 mg 250% Magnesium 48.00 mg 12% Cell K.E.M. Cellular Kinetic Expansion Matrix™ 10.00 g ** 4:1:1 Growth Acceleration Complex: 0.00 ** Pharmaceutical Grade Fermented Ultra-Soluble BCAA Complex: Leucine (FUSIL) Isoleucine Valine - 4:1:1 Anabolic Ratio ** Recovery Augmenting/Anti-Catabolic/Anti-Oxidant Complex: 0.00 ** Pyridoxine Hydrochloride ** Pharmaceutical Grade Glutamine Ascorbic Acid Resveratrol L-Glutamine Alpha Ketoglutarate Thiamine Riboflavin Niacinamide ** Osmotic Expansion/ATP-Enhancing Complex: 0.00 ** Arginine Alpha Keto-Glutarate Creatine Gluconate Citruline Malate L-Norvaline ** Electrolyte Infusion/Hyper Hydration Complex: 0.00 ** Sodium Citrate Di-Potassium Phosphate Di-Calcium Phosphate Tri-Magnesium Phosphate Sodium Chloride ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Fruit Punch Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Citric Acid, FD&C Red #40 Lake
Warning: This product is only intended to be consumed by health adults, 18 years of age or older. Do not use this product if you are pregnant, expect to become pregnant, or are nursing. Consult with your physician before using this or any other dietary supplement product. Do not use this product without consulting your physician if you are using any prescription or over the counter medications, or if you have any pre-existing medical condition. Immediately discontinue use and consult your physician if you experience any adverse medical reaction to this product. Store in a cool dry place. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
This Product Contains Lecithin And Less Than 0.5% Soy. This Product Is Manufactured In A Plant That Processes Milk, Soy, Wheat And Eggs.
- Health Notes
Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Sickle Cell AnemiaOmega-3 Fatty Acids and Sickle Cell AnemiaOmega-3 fats may be a promising option for those living with sickle cell anemia
In sickle cell anemia, a genetic disease affecting people of African and Mediterranean ancestry, the body produces curved or "sickle-shaped" red blood cells. The shape diminishes the cells' oxygen-carrying capacity, leading to shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, and cold hands and feet. Blood flow to limbs and organs can be restricted, causing chronic pain, organ damage, and sudden onset, severe bodily pain, a situation called sickle cell crisis.
Medications can relieve symptoms and manage complications, but researchers continue to look for better treatments. It turns out that a common dietary supplement-omega-3 fats-may be a promising option for those living with sickle cell anemia.
Identifying age-appropriate amounts
To study the effects of omega-3 fats on complications of sickle cell disease, researchers randomly selected 140 children, adolescents, and young adults with the disease to receive daily omega-3 fat supplements or a placebo for one year. The supplements contained two omega-3 fats-DHA and EPA-and were administered according to age.
- Children 2 to 4 years received 278 mg of DHA and 39 mg of EPA
- Children 5 to 10 years received 556 mg of DHA and 78 mg of EPA
- Children and adolescents 11 to 16 years received 833 mg of DHA and 117 mg of EPA
- Adolescents and young adults 17 to 24 years received 1,111 mg of DHA and 156 mg of EPA
A total of 128 participants completed the one-year study, which revealed that compared with those who did not receive omega-3 fat supplements, those in the supplement group:
- experienced fewer sickle cell crises,
- were less likely to be diagnosed with severe anemia and require a blood transfusion,
- had higher white blood cell counts (a marker of better immune function), and
- were less likely to miss school due to sickle cell complications.
The differences were large, and statistically significant.
Living with sickle cell anemia
The study was small, and larger studies are required to confirm the results. Still, it points to an easy, generally safe, natural way to better manage sickle cell disease. Additional tips for coping with sickle cell anemia include:
- Don't stop medications. During the study, participants continued their regular medications to manage and reduce complications of sickle cell disease. Even if trying omega-3 fats, prescribed medications should be continued unless directed by the treating doctor.
- See the experts. The best way to manage sickle cell disease can vary from person to person, though optimally a blood disease specialist (hematologist) should be met at least once to establish baseline care. For those in a rural area, telemedicine options can allow family doctors to communicate and follow up with specialists in other areas of the country.
- Supplement appropriately. Omega-3 fat supplements were given based on the age of the study participant. Smaller children likely do not need as much omega-3 fat as older, larger children or adults. People managing sickle cell anemia should ask a doctor if, and how much, omega-3 fat may be helpful for them.
(Am J Clin Nutr 2013;97:37-44)
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question