Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
GNC Mega Men® Extreme Athlete
Sale Price: $55.97
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
- Clinically studied, high potency, no iron sports multivitamin to fuel athletic performance*
- Triggers muscle energy with clinically proven creatine*
- Amplifies nitric oxide production for more intense workouts*
- Burns 12 time more calories to support a shredded physique*
GNC Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® Program is physician endorsed by Frank J. Costa, M.D., an internationally acclaimed urological surgeon, men’s health expert, and member of the GNC Medical Advisory Board. “Serious athletes demand a nutritional program with the power to meet their extreme training needs. Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® is specifically formulated for active men who want intense workouts with maximized results. This extreme program features GNC’s premium Mega Men® Sport multivitamin, along with clinically proven ingredients to enhance metabolism, fuel muscles, and amplify athletic performance. I strongly recommend this product for men who are looking to take their workouts to the next level of intensity.” – Frank J. Costa, M.D.
Why Should I Use Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® Program?
Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® Program is specifically formulated for athletes who seriously train. The components in this program help increase your endurance and provide the necessary firepower you need to boost your workouts.*
How Can Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® Program Benefit Me?
Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® Program combines important nutrients that support your overall nutritional needs with focused ingredients designed to intensify your exercise regimen and enhance your athletic performance in one convenient daily pack.
How Does Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® Program Work?Each serving of Mega Men® Extreme Athlete Vitapak® Program includes the following components to help you achieve your daily nutritional goals:
- Mega Men® Sport - This clinically studied, powerful no iron multivitamin supports overall health and wellness. It includes a potent complex of B-vitamins which are essential for metabolism support and energy production.
- X-12™ - Contains a clinically proven, proprietary thermogenic blend shown to help you burn 12 times more calories. Also helps increase your metabolism before, during and after exercise, helping burn up to 278 more calories cumulatively.** Just one capsule of X-12 contains ingredients to support improved endurance and performance.*
- Amplified Creatine 189™ - This enhanced, cutting-edge form of creatine is designed to get in your muscles better than ordinary creatine. Creatine supplementation may help improve athletic performance.
- Amplified Maxertion N.O. ™- Features clinically studied ingredients designed to enhance blood flow and amplify intense workouts.* It’s technologically enhanced for better absorption of muscle fuel to help you go above and beyond your regular workouts.*
GNC Guarantee If you are not 100% completely satisfied, return the unused portion of the product with your receipt to a GNC store within 30 days. Our trained sales staff will either refund your purchase price or, if you prefer, assist you in finding a replacement product to help you LIVE WELL.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take three caplets daily with food.
Warning: Consult your physician prior to using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. SEE MANUFACTURER'S LABEL FOR ADDITIONAL PRODUCT INFORMATION AND SUPPLEMENT FACTS PANEL.
Distributed by: General Nutrition Corporation Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Health Notes
Multivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMultivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMen taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overallMany Westerners are concerned that they may not be getting all the nutrients they need everyday for optimal health, which has made multivitamins a popular choice for many people. Study results on multivitamins often conflict, with some showing benefits, and others finding either no benefit or even potential harm. Now, much-anticipated results from a large, randomized, controlled trial of multivitamins have been released, and this one falls on the side of benefit, showing a modest but significant decrease in cancer occurrence for men who take a basic, daily multivitamin.
The ideal study population
Researchers randomly selected 14,641 male physicians to receive a daily multivitamin-mineral supplement or placebo for approximately 11 years. The physicians were 50 years or older, and 9% had a previous history of cancer. Other factors, including age, height and weight, tobacco and alcohol use, diet, other medications, and family history of cancer were similar in the supplement and placebo groups.
The multivitamin provided around 100% of the daily value for most essential vitamins and minerals, with a few exceptions. It contained no iron, and for vitamins E and B12, the multivitamin provided significantly more than 100% of the daily value. For vitamin K, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and chromium, it provided significantly less than 100%. The supplement contained some additional nutrients, including lutein and lycopene.
Moderate multivitamin, less total cancer
Men taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overall than men in the placebo group.
There were no significant differences between the supplement and placebo groups in terms of specific cancer types, such as prostate and colorectal cancers. There were no significant differences in the risk of death due to cancer between the two groups.
The study multivitamin was similar to "common," moderate-dose products available in any supermarket or pharmacy. Given that past studies have suggested multivitamins may increase cancer risk, these findings are reassuring. However, according to lead study author Dr. J. Michael Gaziano, "It would be a big mistake for people to go out and take a multivitamin instead of quitting smoking or doing other things that we have a higher suspicion play a bigger role, like eating a good diet and getting exercise."
Keep this in mind as you consider our tips on creating your own cancer risk reduction plan:
- Be modest. Steer clear of mega-doses, and follow the American Cancer Society's advice: eat a balanced diet, and if you take a supplement, choose a balanced multivitamin that contains no more than 100% of the daily value of most nutrients.
- Seek the experts. A person's diet may get out of balance for a variety of reasons, such as illness, nutrient depletion or malabsorption caused by a drug, medical condition, food intolerance, or allergy. If this describes you, discuss your diet with your doctor or dietitian to identify specific nutrients that may be missing.
- Consider context. The study population was healthy, older males, most of whom don't smoke, and many of whom eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. If you smoke, are obese, or have additional risk factors for cancer, heart disease, or other chronic disease, these findings may not apply to you.
- Get bang for your buck. Regardless of whether you take a multivitamin, you can never go wrong by adopting basic cancer prevention strategies: avoid tobacco, drink alcohol modestly or not at all, move regularly, eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, use sunscreen consistently, and maintain a healthy body weight.
(JAMA 2012; 308:doi:10.1001/jama.2012.14641)Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy on Stomach
- Easy To Swallow
- Simple To Take
- Tastes Good
- Daily Use
Comments about GNC Mega Men® Extreme Athlete:
I was looking to bolster my workouts to lose more weight. In 2 months, I have lost 15 pounds while adding significant muscle mass. I am 52 years old and would absolutely recommend this product.
Comments about GNC Mega Men® Extreme Athlete:
I use this product as pre-workout, it gives you a lot of endurance.
- Ask A Question