Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
GNC Preventive Nutrition® Brain Health Formula
There is a label available for this product. To view the label, click this icon or navigate to the "Label" tab below.
GNC Preventive Nutrition® Brain Health Formula60 Caplets
Price: was $42.99 Now $33.99
$2.99 Flat Rate Shipping! Details
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
- Features clinically studied ingredients to support memory function & retention.*
- Provides a powerful neuro-protective complex to help prevent the breakdown of key neurotransmitters.*
- Improves circulation for delivery of key nutrients for brain health.*
Brain Function Support- Features key nutrients including huperzine A, tyrosine and choline to promote healthy neurotransmitter function.* Phosphatidylserine and premium forms of vitamins B-6 and B-12 offer added support to help maintain nervous system health.*
Blood Flow & Circulation Support- Contains premium nutrients to support healthy blood flow which is essential for eye healthy, including resVida® Resveratrol, clinically shown to enhance blood vessel dilation**, and ginkgo biloba, which supports increased peripheral blood flow.*
Antioxidant Support- Provides powerful antioxidants including lutein, astaxanthin, turmeric, bacopa monnieri, ashwaganda and ginger that work to protect healthy cells from oxidative damage caused by harmful free radicals.* The superior form of lutein in this formula is clinically shown to have 268% greater bioavailability than regular lutein.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take two softgel capsules daily with food.
Serving Size 2 Caplets Servings Per Container 30 Amount Per Serving % DV Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 50.00 mg 83% Vitamin D-3 (as Cholecalciferol) 200.00 IU 50% Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 50.00 mg 2500% Folic Acid (as Folic Acid and 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) 100.00 mcg 25% Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 100.00 mcg 1666% Brain Function Support Blend 0.00 ** L-Tyrosine 500.00 mg ** Choline (as Choline Bitartrate) 100.00 mg ** Acetyl L-Carnitine as (Acetyl L-Carnitine Hydrochloride) 100.00 mg ** Phosphatidylserine 100.00 mg ** DMAE (2-(Dimethylamino)ethanol) 10.00 mg ** Huperzine A 100.00 mcg ** Blood Flow & Circulation Support Complex 0.00 ** Gingko biloba Leaf Extract (24% Ginkgo Flavonglycosides 28.8mg 6% Terpene Lactones 7.2mg) 120.00 mg ** Turmeric Root Extract (Curcuma longa) 50.00 mg ** resVida® trans-Resveratrol 30.00 ** Astaxanthin 1.00 ** Antioxidant Support Blend 0.00 ** Bacopa Monnieri Leaf Extract 100.00 mg ** Ashwagandha Root Extract (Withania somnifera) 50.00 mg ** Ginger Root Powder (Zingiber officinalis) 23.00 mg ** Lutemax 2020™ Lutein 7.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
- Health Notes
"B" Smart for Brain Health"B" Smart for Brain HealthOlder adults with symptoms of depression may benefit from a folic acid and vitamin B12 supplementFrom misplaced car keys to the forgotten name of a new acquaintance, "senior moments" affect all of us from time to time. Fortunately, there may be something we can do to sharpen our brains as we age. Even better, this small action-making sure we get enough of certain B vitamins-may be particularly helpful for those affected by depression, a condition that can negatively affect brain performance.
Boosting the brain
To study how folic acid and vitamin B12 affect brain function, researchers randomly selected 909 older adults with symptoms of depression to receive a supplement providing 400 mcg of folic acid and 100 mcg of vitamin B12 or a placebo (no vitamins) pill. Participants completed phone questionnaires and tests to measure their thinking (cognitive) function at the beginning of the study and 12 and 24 months later.
Compared with the group not taking folic acid and vitamin B12, certain measures of thinking function significantly improved in those who received supplements:
- Overall score on a test of cognitive function.
- Immediate memory, which is the ability to remember small amounts of information over a few seconds to minutes.
- Delayed memory, which is the ability to remember events or information after a time delay or from the past.
There were no differences between the groups in other aspects of cognitive function, such as attention and processing speed.
B vitamins and beyond
This study suggests older adults with symptoms of depression may benefit from a folic acid and vitamin B12 supplement, but these vitamins will not work miracles by themselves. In addition to getting your "Bs," there are many things you can do keep your brain sharp as you age.
Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
- Seek support. If you feel down, depressed, or unable to enjoy your life, talk to your doctor. It may feel hard to accept help, but depression can be a medical condition, just like diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure. You'd accept medical care for these issues, and you should for mental health too.
- Manage total health. If you have other chronic health conditions, such as heart disease or diabetes, make sure you're taking medications as prescribed and following your doctor's advice about other self-care measures. These conditions not only affect blood flow in the body, they can affect blood flow to your brain. Poor blood flow means poorer brain function.
- Get social. Having an active social life is associated with better brain function. Feeling part of a group and enjoying common interests improves health, especially as we age.
- Volunteer. "It's better to give than to get" is never truer than when it comes to brain health. Volunteering improves both physical and mental health. Find a cause you're passionate about-walking dogs at the local shelter, serving meals in a soup kitchen, visiting with the homebound-and lend a hand.
- Move more. If possible, get some physical activity every day. Even 30 minutes of walking is enough to improve brain and body health.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Daily Use
Comments about MISCELLANEOUS GNC Preventive Nutrition® Brain Health Formula:
I take 2 pills every day. I have been use it for 2 weeks, it works for me, because my migraine is going better.
- My Beauty Routine Takes:
- 30 Minutes
- Ask A Question