Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
Herbal Care Herbal Clear® PG free
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
Qty: 16 fluid ounce(s)
Sale Price: $6.97Member Price: $5.58
- More Sizes Available
- NO ALUMINUM, DYES OR ALCOHOL!
- aloe fresh deodorant
- with aloe and rosemary lemon!
- FIRST EVER...propylene glycol free
- Propylene Glycol Free Stick!
- Herbal Clear® combines the gentleness of Mother Nature with a technological break-through that removes propylene glycol. Our natural and safe botanical LICHEN (Usnea barbata) helps to inhibit odor-causing bacterial growth before it starts...Herbal Clear® is an effective, hypoallergenic alternative to the chemical deodorants available today!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Apply generously for maximum effectiveness.
Other Ingredients: Glycerin, Water, Sodium Stearate, Steareth-100, Essential Oil Fragrances: Rosemary, Lemon, Cypress, Lime and Lavender, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Bicarbonate, Glycerol Stearate, Oleic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid
Herbal Care Systems, Inc.
1-877-865-8353 toll free
MADE IN CANADA
- Health Notes
Antioxidants and Free RadicalsAntioxidants and Free RadicalsThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:
Antioxidants are nutrients that help minimize free-radical damage to the body. Free radicals are highly reactive compounds that are created in the body during normal metabolic functions or introduced from the environment, such as by exposure to pollution and other toxins. Inherently unstable, free radicals contain "extra" energy which they try to reduce by reacting with certain chemicals in the body, which interferes with the cells' ability to function normally. Antioxidants combat free radicals in several ways: they may reduce the energy of the free radical, stop the free radical from forming in the first place, or interrupt an oxidizing chain reaction to minimize the damage caused by free radicals.
Consuming a wide variety of antioxidant enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and herbs may be the best way to provide the body with the most complete protection against free-radical damage.
- The body produces several antioxidant enzymes, including superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, that neutralize many types of free radicals. Supplements of these enzymes are available for oral administration. However, their absorption is probably minimal at best. Supplementing with the "building blocks" the body requires to make superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase may be more effective. These building block nutrients include the minerals manganese, zinc, and copper for superoxide dismutase and selenium for glutathione peroxidase.
- In addition to enzymes, many vitamins and minerals act as antioxidants in their own right, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, lutein, lycopene, vitamin B2, coenzyme Q10, and cysteine (an amino acid). Herbs, such as bilberry, turmeric (curcumin), grape seed or pine bark extracts, and ginkgo can also provide powerful antioxidant protection for the body.
- An increasing number of antioxidant-rich "superfoods" are available, including mangosteen, kombucha, acai, pomegranate, goji berry, and chia seed.
Free radicals are believed to play a role in more than sixty different health conditions, including the aging process, cancer, and atherosclerosis.1 Reducing exposure to free radicals and increasing intake of antioxidant nutrients has the potential to reduce the risk of free radical-related health problems.
Oxygen, although essential to life, is the source of the potentially damaging free radicals. Free radicals are also found in the environment. Environmental sources of free radicals include exposure to ionizing radiation (from industry, sun exposure, cosmic rays, and medical X-rays), ozone and nitrous oxide (primarily from automobile exhaust), heavy metals (such as mercury, cadmium, and lead), cigarette smoke (both active and passive), alcohol, unsaturated fat, and other chemicals and compounds from food, water, and air.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Goes On Clear
- Good Protection
- Great Smell
- Safe to use
- Smells great
- NO CONS AT ALL
- Daily Use
- Going Out
- Odor Control
- Perspiration Control
Comments about MISCELLANEOUS Herbal Care Herbal Clear® PG free:
I was looking for a deodorant free of all chemicals, and this one is it. It smells great. Not overpowering and lasts all day and more. Glides on easily and does not stain my clothes. I will be using this from now on.
- Ask A Question