Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
Labrada Nutrition® Lean Pro8® - Chocolate Ice Cream
There is a label available for this product. To view the label, click this icon or navigate to the "Label" tab below.
Labrada Nutrition® Lean Pro8® - Chocolate Ice Cream2.9 lb(s).
Free Shipping on Orders of $99 or More! Details
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
Lean Pro8® Super Premium Protein is made to meet the higher protein needs of hard training athletes.
Lean Pro8® gives you concentrated muscle-building protein in one delicious, easy-to-make shake.
- Lean Pro8® is the best tasting protein powder ever made. That's why it's the main ingredient in award-winning Lean Body® meal replacements, RTD shakes, and bars.
- 8 fast, medium, and slow release proteins give you a sustained flow of vital amino acids to support intracellular nitrogen retention levels for faster muscle growth and strength increases.
- 8 grams of EFA Plex™ containing natural-source omega-3 and -6 fatty acids, medium-chain triglycerides, flaxseed oil, and borage oil to increase energy and fuel growth.
- 8 grams of Fiber Plex™ dietary fiber per 100 grams, providing 28% of the RDA for fiber to support superior absorption and promote intestinal and cardiovascular health.
- Over 4,700mg of BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) per serving. BCAA's have an anti-catabolic effect (prevents muscle tissue breakdown.)
- Over 3,500mg of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid. Studies show that supplemental glutamine can help prevent muscle breakdown.
- No Maltodextrin
- No Aspartame
- No Trans Fat
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Glass - Fill glass with 6-8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage. Add 1 serving of Lean Pro8®, and mix with a spoon
Shaker - Fill shaker with 6-8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage. Add 1 serving of Lean Pro8®, cover and shake.
Blender - Fill blender with 6-8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage (for a creamy ice cream flavor add a handful of ice cubes.) Add 1 serving of Lean Pro8®, cover and blend for 20-30 seconds.
Before Workouts - Take 1-2 servings of Lean Pro8® 1-1/2 hours prior to working out to keep muscles supplied with nitrogen-promoting amino acids, and provide nutritional support to prevent muscle breakdown.*
After Workouts - Take 1-2 servings of Lean Pro8® within 30 minutes of your workout to jumpstart muscle repair, growth, and increase muscle glycogen (fuel) stores.*
Before Bedtime - Take 1-2 servings of Lean Pro8® 1 hour prior to bedtime to ensure a steady supply of muscle-building nutrients all night long.*
Serving Size 1 Rounded Scoop (50g) Servings Per Container 26 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 215.00 Calories from Fat 63.00 Total Fat 7.00 g 12% Saturated Fat 3.50 g 18% Trans Fat 0.00 Cholesterol 70.00 mg 23% Total Carbohydrate 13.00 g 5% Sugars 3.00 g Sodium 170.00 mg 7% Potassium 110.00 mg 3% Protein 25.00 g 50% Dietary Fiber 4.00 g 16% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
333 Northpark Central Drive
Houston, TX 77073 U.S.A
©2010 LBN, Inc.
- Health Notes
Rice ProteinRice Protein
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:
Used for Amount WhyAtherosclerosis Refer to label instructions [1 star]Though not yet proven in clinical research, animal studies suggest that rice protein-based diets result in less buildup of atherosclerotic plaque compared with animal protein-based diets.Athletic Performance Refer to label instructions [1 star]Some athletes believe rice protein may also improve blood flow to muscle to enhance growth and repair. However, no research has investigated the effects of rice protein on athletic performance.Obesity Refer to label instructions [1 star]Dieters who are gluten or dairy sensitive and looking to supplement protein might consider rice protein, though its actual benefits for weight loss have not been studied.
Rice protein is extracted from rice and used in some protein supplements. Vegetarians may prefer it over protein supplements made from animal sources (such as whey or casein, which are milk proteins). Since rice is rarely involved in food allergies,1 rice protein may also be preferred by people with food allergies, and may be suitable to use in hypoallergenic infant formulas.2 Rice protein is not a complete protein, however, due to insufficient levels of the amino acids lysine and threonine.3, 4 Therefore, these amino acids are often added to rice protein products to correct this imbalance.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question