Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
MuscleTech™ Platinum Garcinia Plus
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
- 3X MORE GARCINIA THAN OTHER BRANDS*
- ENHANCED WITH GREEN COFFEE FOR WEIGHT LOSS *
- NON-STIMULANT FORMULA
MuscleTech® is the Leader in Bodybuilding – A portion of every dollar spent on MuscleTech® supplements is allocated toward scientific research to discover new and more effective ways to increase lean muscle and strength, and improve athletic performance. In fact, Team MuscleTech® has collaborated with researchers at over20 universities and research facilities around the world to study the various key ingredients found in our powerful formulas.
Platinum Garcinia Plus – Garcinia is a superfruit native to India and Southeast Asia that's been used for centuries. Platinum Garcinia Plus contains 1.56g of Garcinia cambogia per serving – three times more than you'll find in some other brands.
Lose Weight with Green Coffee – What's more, Platinum Garcinia Plus also supplies a scientifically studied dose of green coffee standardized for 45% chlorogenic acids. In one scientific study, test subjects using the same dose of standardized green coffee in our product lost, on average, 10.95 lbs. in 60 days vs. the placebo group, who lost only 5.4 lbs. Both groups followed a low-calorie diet. In a separate 8-week study, subjects lost an average of 3.7 lbs. vs. the placebo, who lost an average of only 1.25 lbs. Both groups followed a calorie-reduced diet and performed moderate exercise.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Take 1 serving (2 caplets) two timesdaily 30 to 60 minutes before meals. Do not snack between meals or before bed. Read the entire label before use and follow directions provided.
Serving Size 2 Caplets Servings Per Container 60 Amount Per Serving % DV Calcium 185.00 mg 19% Sodium 5.00 mg 0% Garcinia cambogia extract (Malabar tamarind) (fruit) Standardized for 60% hydroxycitric acid 1.56 g ** Green coffee extract (as Coffea canephora robusta) (bean) Standardized for 45% chlorogenic acids 200.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Crospovidone, Coating (Hypromellose, Glycerin)
Warning: For adult use only. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult adoctor before use if you have a medical condition and before starting a diet or exercise program. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Distributed by Iovate Health Sciences U.S.A. Inc. 1105 North Market Street, Suite 1330, Wilmington, DE 19801.Made in the U.S.A. from international ingredients. © 2014. For lot no. and expiry date: see bottle.
- Health Notes
Hydroxycitric AcidHydroxycitric AcidThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsHCA may aid in weight loss by suppressing appetite and by reducing the conversion of carbohydrates into stored fat.(more)ObesityDose: Refer to label instructions(-)-Hydroxycitric acid (HCA), extracted from the rind of the Garcinia cambogia fruit grown in Southeast Asia, has a chemical composition similar to that of citric acid (the primary acid in oranges and other citrus fruits). Preliminary studies in animals suggest that HCA may be a useful weight-loss aid.1, 2 HCA has been demonstrated in the laboratory (but not yet in clinical trials with people) to reduce the conversion of carbohydrates into stored fat by inhibiting certain enzyme processes.3, 4 Animal research indicates that HCA suppresses appetite and induces weight loss.5, 6, 7, 8 However, a double-blind trial found that people who took 1,500 mg per day of HCA while eating a low-calorie diet for 12 weeks lost no more weight than those taking a placebo.9 A double-blind trial of Garcinia cambogia (2.4 grams of dry extract, containing 50% hydroxycitric acid) found that the extract did not increase energy expenditure; it was therefore concluded that this extract showed little potential for the treatment of obesity at this amount.10 Nonetheless, another double-blind trial found that using the same amount of Garciniacambogia extract significantly improved the results of a weight-loss diet, even though the amount of food intake was not affected.11References
1. Lowenstein JM. Effect of (-)-hydroxycitrate on fatty acid synthesis by rat liver in vivo. J Biol Chem 1971;246:629-32.
2. Triscari J, Sullivan AC. Comparative effects of (-)-hydroxycitrate and (+)-allo-hydroxycitrate on acetyl CoA carboxylase and fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis in vivo. Lipids 1977;12:357-63.
3. Cheema-Dhadli S, Harlperin ML, Leznoff CC. Inhibition of enzymes which interact with citrate by (-)hydroxycitrate and 1,2,3,-tricarboxybenzene. Eur J Biochem 1973;38:98-102.
4. Sullivan AC, Hamilton JG, Miller ON, et al. Inhibition of lipogenesis in rat liver by (-)-hydroxycitrate. Arch Biochem Biophys 1972;150:183-90.
5. Greenwood MRC, Cleary MP, Gruen R, et al. Effect of (-)-hydroxycitrate on development of obesity in the Zucker obese rat. Am J Physiol 1981;240:E72-8.
6. Sullivan AC, Triscari J. Metabolic regulation as a control for lipid disorders. Am J Clin Nutr 1977;30:767-76.
7. Sullivan AC, Triscari J, Hamilton JG, et al. Effect of (-)-hydroxycitrate upon the accumulation of lipid in the rat: I. Lipogenesis. Lipids 1974;9:121-8.
8. Sullivan AC, Triscari J, Hamilton JG, et al. Effect of(-)-hydroxycitrate upon the accumulation of lipid in the rat: II. Appetite. Lipids1974;9:129-34.
9. Heymsfield SB, Allison DB, Vasselli JR, et al. Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitricacid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA1998;280:1596-600.
10. Martinet A, Hostettmann K, Schultz Y. Thermogenic effects of commercially available plant preparations aimed at treating human obesity. Phytomedicine 1999;6:231-8.
11. Mattes RD, Bormann L. Effects of (-)-hydroxycitric acid on appetitive variables. Physiol Behav 2000;71:87-94.
(-)-Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is a compound found in Garcinia cambogia, a type of fruit. HCA has a chemical structure similar to that of citric acid (the primary acid in citrus fruits).
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question