Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
New Vitality® Ageless Male™
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
- New Proprietary Formula*
- Easier-to-Swallow Softgels*
- No Unpleasant Aftertaste*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take two softgels daily. May be taken with or without food, or as instructed by your healthcare provider.
Serving Size 2 softgels Servings Per Container 30 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 0.00 Calories 5.00 Total Fat 0.00 g 0% Saturated Fat 0.00 g 0% Ageless Male™ Proprietary Blend 160.00 mg ** Eurycoma Longifolia Extract (LJ100) Root (Standardized to 40% Glyco Saponins 28% EuryPeptides) ** Saw Palmetto Extract (Serenoa repens) Berry (Standardized to 85% to 95% Fatty Acids) ** Cissus Quadrangularis Extract (Aerial) (Standardized to 10% Ketosterones) ** Chlorophytum Borivillanum Extract (Root) (Standardized to 50% Saponins) ** Tribulus Terrestris Extract (Fruit)(Standardized to 45% Saponins) Mucuna Pruriens (Seed)(Standardized to 15% L-Dopa) ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Gelatin, Glycerin, Yellow Beeswax, Purified Water, Soy Lecithin, FD&C Blue No. 1, Titanium Dioxide
No: Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Fish, Shellfish, Eggs, Milk, Wheat
Warning: Consult a physician before using if on medication. Do not use if the inner seal is missing or broken. Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. This product is not intended for use by those with a serious medical condition or pregnant or lactating women.
Manufactured for and Distributed by: New Vitality® 260 Smith Street Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Health Notes
Antioxidants Improve Male FertilityAntioxidants Improve Male FertilityCouples in which the men were given antioxidants were more likely to conceive than couples in which men received placebo or no treatment
Male infertility, which has been gradually increasing worldwide over the last six decades, is mainly caused by free-radical damage to sperm cells through a process called oxidation. These free radicals are generated by high temperatures, electromagnetic radiation, pesticides, and other pollutants, or may be encountered through lifestyle choices such as alcohol, smoking, stress, obesity, and poor diet.
Over the years, researchers have tried to determine whether men who supplement with antioxidants have healthier sperm. A recent review of the research concluded that couples seeking fertility assistance due to low sperm count or low sperm motility are indeed more likely to become pregnant and have a child if the man is taking antioxidants.
The evidence for antioxidants
The review, which comes from the esteemed Cochrane Library, included 34 studies with a total of 2,876 couples having difficulty becoming pregnant and undergoing assisted reproductive techniques, such as intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF). The cause of all of these couples' infertility was determined to be low numbers of sperm or low sperm motility. Each study compared some kind of antioxidant treatment for the men to either placebo or no treatment.
The literature review led to several observations:
- Couples in which the men were given antioxidants were more likely to conceive and have a child than couples in which the men received placebo or no treatment.
- In particular, vitamin E, zinc, and L-carnitine were associated with increased rates of pregnancy and successful delivery in separate trials; however, there was not enough data to recommend one antioxidant supplement over any other.
- Overall, conception was more than four times more likely when men were taking antioxidants.
- Antioxidant use was similarly associated with a nearly five times increased chance of successfully delivering a child.
Fixing fertility problems with antioxidants
"In many cases of unexplained subfertility, and also in instances where there may be a sperm-related problem, taking an oral antioxidant supplement may increase a couple's chance of conceiving when undergoing fertility treatment," the authors of the review said. "When trying to conceive as part of an assisted reproductive program, it may be advisable to encourage the male partner to take an oral antioxidant supplement to improve his partner's chance of conceiving."
Improving the odds
In addition to having the man of the couple supplement with antioxidants, couples can take steps on their own to improve their chances of conceiving:
- Keep the conditions right for healthy sperm. Wearing loose underclothes and avoiding hot tubs and whirlpools may help. Stay away from toxic chemicals such as those found in lawn care products, and supply your body with lots of fruits, vegetables, and fiber-dense foods.
- The woman needs to be healthy, too. Women also need to pay attention to diet and exercise and maintain a healthy weight to optimize the chance of conception. Avoid caffeine and alcohol, which can reduce the odds of getting pregnant.
- Quit smoking. Smoking has a negative impact on both male and female fertility.
- Practice relaxation. Studies have shown that couples facing infertility who learn and practice relaxation techniques increase their odds of conceiving.
(Cochrane Database of Syst Rev 2011;1:CD007411)Maureen Williams, ND, received her bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania and her Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University in Seattle, WA. She has a private practice on Cortes Island in British Columbia, Canada, and has done extensive work with traditional herbal medicine in Guatemala and Honduras. Dr. Williams is a regular contributor to Healthnotes Newswire.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Definitely Effective
- Easy on Stomach
- Easy To Swallow
- Simple To Take
Comments about NAC MARKETING New Vitality® Ageless Male™:
I have low T and take testosterone injections bi-weekly. I began taking this supplement to increase my drive. Since taking it, my moods are level, and I feel fantastic. I take one soft gel daily instead of the recommended two because my energy level was uncomfortably high.
- Ask A Question