Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
Now® DOPA Mucuna-Mood Support, Standardized Velvet Bean Extract
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
QTY: 90 chewable tablets
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
- Mucuna pruriens
- 15% L-DOPA
- A Dietary Supplement Vegetarian Formula
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that promots enjoyment and interest in life. COntaining 15% L-DOPA(the immediate precurson of dopamine),NOW® DOPA Mucuna provides the body with what it needs to make this important neurotransmitter. Mucuna pruniens,commonly known as Velvet Bean, has been used in the traditions Ayurvedic system in India for thousands of years, NOW® DOPA Mucuna is 100% vegetarian.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 Vcaps® with a meal. Best when taken early in the day. Consider taking this product in combination with NOW® Co-Enzyme B-Complex, Antioxident Caps and True Foods
Serving Size 2 Vcaps Servings Per Container 45 Amount Per Serving % DV Velvet Bean Extract (Mucuna pruriens) (Seed) (min. 15% L-DOPA) 800.00 mg ** L-DOPA 120.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Cellulose Capsule, Cellulose, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Source), Magnesium Stearate (Vegetable Source)
Contains no sugar, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives.
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place.
Warning: Those currently taking medications should consult their healthcare practitioner before using this practitioner before using this product. If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breast feeding, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product. Do Not Eat Freshness Packet. Keep in Bottle
NOW® FOODS, Bloomingdale, IL, U.S.A.
- Health Notes
Deer Antler ExtractDeer Antler ExtractThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsDeer antler base has a long history of use in Chinese medicine, and deer antler extract is being studied to determine its potential as a way to improve athletic performance.(more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsDeer antler base has a long history of use in Chinese medicine, and deer antler extract is being studied to determine its potential as a way to improve athletic performance.1, 2The extract is purported to contain insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), which is a banned substance for many professional athletic competitions.References
1. Gilbey A, Perezgonzalez JD. Health benefits of deer and elk velvet antler supplements: a systematic review of randomised controlled studies. N Z Med J 2012;125:80-6.
2. Wu F, Li H, Jin L, Li X, Ma Y, You J, Li S, Xu Y. Deer antler base as a traditional Chinese medicine: A review of its traditional uses, chemistry and pharmacology. J Ethnopharmacol 2012; 145:403-15.Deer antler extract may contain the hard base of deer antlers in powdered form, the velvety covering on deer antlers, or some combination of the two. Deer antler base has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine, as documented in classical Chinese texts dating to more than 2,000 years ago. Deer antler velvet is a newer addition to the dietary supplement market, becoming more popular only in recent years.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Alternative
Comments about NOW NUTRITION Now® DOPA Mucuna-Mood Support, Standardized Velvet Bean Extract:
Helps my mood during stressful times. Effective for me. No noticeable side effects. Also raises desire quite a bit.
- Ask A Question