- Product Images
- Product Videos
Optimum Nutrition GOLD STANDARD 100% CASEIN - Creamy Vanilla
Sale Price: $74.99
Select a Flavor:
- Banana Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Supreme
- Creamy Vanilla
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
THE BIGGER PICTURE OF CASEIN
Rapid protein use is desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles, but delayed digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times – including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food. Casein proteins are acid sensitive and tend to thicken in the stomach. Because of this, it can take more than twice as long for our Gold Standard 100% Casein to be broken down into it’s amino acid subcomponents than other proteins. By blending premium micellar and calcium caseins, we’ve created a protein formula that’s truly time-released.
BEYOND THE BASICS
- Loaded with Micellar Casein.
- 24 grams of time-released protein per serving.
- Contains AMINOGEN® digestive enzymes to enhance utilization.
- Over 5 grams of BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine).
- Nearly 5 grams of Glutamine & glutamine precursors in every scoop.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day through a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For best results, consume your daily protein allotment over several small meals spread evenly throughout the day.TIP: Try using “slower” Gold Standard 100% Casein with “faster” proteins like 100% Whey Gold Standard™ or Pro Complex™ at different times for maximum effectiveness. Take Gold Standard 100% Casein immediately before bed and in between meals when delayed protein delivery is desired. Drink 100% Whey Gold Standard™ or Pro Complex™ proteins before and immediately after workouts for a rapid “shot” of amino acids.
SHAKER: Bringing a shaker cup with you to the gym is the best way to get a powerful dose of protein immediately after your workout. Just add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein to your shaker cup and then pour 10-12 oz of your preferred beverage. Cover and shake for 25-30 seconds. Don’t have a shaker cup? Visit www.optimumnutrition.com and order a custom shaker, or visit your local health food store or gym.
BLENDER:Add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein to a blender filled with 10-12 oz of water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Blend for 20-30 seconds. Then add 3-4 ice cubes and blend for an additional 30 seconds. SHAKE UP YOUR SHAKE: By adding a few high-energy ingredients to your shake you can blend up a delicious meal: try adding fresh or frozen fruits (strawberries, bananas, peaches, etc.), peanut butter, flaxseed oil, yogurt, coconut, slivered almonds, or other ingredients. STACK YOUR SHAKE: By adding supplements like Micronized Creatine, Glutamine, Taurine, and/or INSTANTIZED BCAA powders, you can make Gold Standard 100% Casein an even more powerful post-workout recovery product.
SPOON STIRRED: If you forgot your shaker cup or don’t have time to get out the blender, you can just add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein to a glass filled with 10-12 oz of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Then mix it up with a spoon for about 30 seconds or until powder is dissolved.
Serving Size 1 Heaping scoop Servings Per Container 56 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 10.00 Total Fat 1.00 g 2% Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3% Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 10.00 mg 3% Sodium 220.00 mg 9% Total Carbohydrate 3.00 g 1% Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4% Sugars 0.00 g Protein 24.00 g 0% Calories 120.00 Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% Calcium 0.00 60% Calcium 0.00 60% Iron 0.00 0% Iron 0.00 0% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Micellar Casein, Micellar Casein, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Inulin, Inulin, Salt, Salt, Lecithin, Lecithin, Gum Blend (Carrageenan, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum), Gum Blend (Carrageenan, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum), Sucralose, Sucralose, Aminogen®, Aminogen®, Yellow #5, Yellow #5
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place.
Warning: NOTICE: DO NOT USE AS A SOLE SOURCE OF NUTRITION FOR WEIGHT LOSS OR MAINTENANCE.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Contents sold by weight not volume.
Contains Milk and Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients.
Optimum Nutrition™ Sunrise, FL 33325
- Health Notes
Casein ProteinCasein ProteinThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein in milk may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition. (more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower, prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids, so some speculate that it may better support protein synthesis by the body compared with proteins like whey protein that are more rapidly digested. (more)ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein, the main protein in milk, may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition.1, 2 In a controlled trial, overweight women dieted for four months using a low-calorie diet that included three daily shakes made from either casein or soy protein.3 Both groups lost similar amounts of weight, with similar improvements in body composition, suggesting there was no difference in the weight-loss benefits of soy or casein protein. In another controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight lost a similar amount of weight as did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan. However, the men using casein protein gained more lean body mass and lost more body fat than the men using whey protein.4References
1. Hochstenbach-Waelen A, Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, at al. Comparison of 2 diets with either 25% or 10% of energy as casein on energy expenditure, substrate balance, and appetite profile. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:831-8.
2. Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, Hochstenbach-Waelen A, at al. Comparison of the effects of a high- and normal-casein breakfast on satiety, 'satiety' hormones, plasma amino acids and subsequent energy intake. Br J Nutr 2009;101:295-303.
3. Anderson JW, Fuller J, Patterson K, et al. Soy compared with casein meal replacement shakes with energy-restricted diets for obese women: randomized controlled trial. Metabolism 2007;56:280-8.
4. Demling RH, DeSanti L. Effect of a hypocaloric diet, increased protein intake and resistance training on lean mass gains and fat mass loss in overweight police officers. Ann Nutr Metab 2000;44:21-9.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower yet more prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids.1 This has led to speculation that casein may support protein synthesis by the body for a longer period of time compared with proteins, such as whey protein, that are more rapidly digested. However, in two double blind trials, measurements of muscle protein synthesis after leg exercises were similar whether casein or whey protein (either 20 grams or 0.3 grams per 2.2 lbs body weight taken one hour after exercise) was consumed. Other double blind studies have shown that adding protein supplements to a weight-training program improves gains in muscle mass and strength, but only one trial has compared using casein alone to other proteins for improving body composition and muscle strength. In this controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight gained more strength and lean body mass, and lost more body fat than did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan.ReferencesCasein is the main protein found in milk. Similar to other animal proteins, casein is a complete protein, providing generous amounts of essential amino acids.1 However, it is digested more slowly than most other animal proteins, resulting in a more prolonged release of amino acids into the bloodstream.2
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question