Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ - Chocolate Decadence
Sale Price: $59.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
TRUE STRENGTH OF RESTRUCTURED MICELLAR CASEIN
Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ is the pinnacle of our slow-digesting protein lineup. By using novel, patent pending MicelleXL™ technology, we've combined micellar casein molecules into a structure that is approximately triple the average size. These super-sized molecules form an ultra thick gel that takes several hours to be digested and absorbed, providing sustained release amino acid delivery for lasting lean muscle support. Each serving of Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ also delivers the relaxing properties of L-theanine to help you make the most of your post-workout recovery. Taken between meals or before bed, we think you'll agree that our slowest casein is the easiest to mix, most versatile and exceptional tasting anti-catabolic protein we've ever made.
BEYOND THE BASICS
- ON's Slowest & Best Tasting Casein Yet
- 30 Grams of Protein From an Advanced Casein Protein Blend
- Exclusive MicelleXL™ Restructured Micellar Casein Technology + Lactium® Milk Protein Hydrolysates
- Lasting Amino Acid Delivery Between Meals and Before Bed
- L-Theanine to Help You Make the Most of Your Post-Workout Recovery
- Excellent Source of Calcium with 60% DV per Serving
- Anti-Catabolic Muscle Support
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Filling a shaker cup with 10-12 ounces of water, milk or your favorite beverage is the best way to mix up a rich, creamy Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ shake. After adding a scoop, close the lid tight and shake for 20 to 30 seconds or until the powder is completely dissolved.
EXPLORE CASEIN’S VERSATILITY
Of course, a shaker cup isn’t mandatory. Because the powder is instantized, all you really need to create the perfect casein shake is a glass and spoon. Simply add a scoop of Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ to 10-12 ounces of water and stir until completely dissolved. TIP: Adding more water will reduce the shake’s thickness and sweetness. Using less will increase thickness and sweetness. Experiment until you find the perfect balance. Using milk and other beverages can increase the nutrient density of your shake, while also adding calories.
CREATE PERFORMANCE STACKS
You can further expand on casein’s versatility by adding nuts, fresh or frozen fruit, peanut butter and other supplements including glutamine, creatine, BCAA and carbohydrate powders. Some of these ‘stacks’ may require the use of an electric blender while others can be produced in a shaker cup. Increase or decrease the recommended 10-12 ounces of liquid until you find the right consistency. TIP: If you’re using an electric blender, adding in a couple of ice cubes can make drinking a casein shake seem more like an ice cream shake.
CASEIN PUDDING RECIPE
Drinking isn’t the only way to enjoy new Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™. Treat yourself to a tempting pudding by adding a scoop to 5 ounces of water or milk in a small glass. Mix thoroughly with a spoon and let set in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add a sugar free topping or enjoy as is. TIP: If you have nutrition conscious guests over, use a muffin tin to make multiple servings!
SUGGESTED USE: Intended for healthy adults. Consume enough protein to meet your daily protein requirement with a combination of high protein foods and protein supplements throughout the day as part of a balanced diet and exercise program.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 Heaping Scoop Servings Per Container 25 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 15.00 Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 30.00 mg 10% Sodium 220.00 mg 9% Potassium 300.00 mg 9% Total Carbohydrate 6.00 g 2% Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4% Sugars 3.00 g Protein 30.00 g 60% Calories 160.00 Total Fat 1.50 g 2% Saturated Fat 1.00 g 5% Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% Calcium 0.00 60% Iron 0.00 4% ** Daily Value (DV) not established † Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
your calorie needs:
Calories: 2000 2500 Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300 mg Sodium Less than 2400 mg 2400 mg Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g Calories per gram: Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
Other Ingredients: Restructured Micellar Casein, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Creamer ON (Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols, Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono & Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate), Gum Blend (Carrageenan, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Lecithin, Mineral Blend, L-Theanine, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Vanillin, Lactium® (Milk Protein Hydrolysate)
Warning: USE THIS PRODUCT AS A FOOD SUPPLEMENT ONLY. DO NOT USE FOR WEIGHT REDUCTION.STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. CONTENTS SOLD BY WEIGHT NOT VOLUME.
CONTAINS MILK AND SOY (LECITHIN) INGREDIENTS.
Manufactured by OPTIMUM NUTRITION 975 Meridian Lake Dr. Aurora, IL 60504
- Health Notes
Casein ProteinCasein ProteinThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein in milk may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition. (more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower, prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids, so some speculate that it may better support protein synthesis by the body compared with proteins like whey protein that are more rapidly digested. (more)ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein, the main protein in milk, may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition.1, 2 In a controlled trial, overweight women dieted for four months using a low-calorie diet that included three daily shakes made from either casein or soy protein.3 Both groups lost similar amounts of weight, with similar improvements in body composition, suggesting there was no difference in the weight-loss benefits of soy or casein protein. In another controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight lost a similar amount of weight as did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan. However, the men using casein protein gained more lean body mass and lost more body fat than the men using whey protein.4References
1. Hochstenbach-Waelen A, Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, at al. Comparison of 2 diets with either 25% or 10% of energy as casein on energy expenditure, substrate balance, and appetite profile. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:831-8.
2. Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, Hochstenbach-Waelen A, at al. Comparison of the effects of a high- and normal-casein breakfast on satiety, 'satiety' hormones, plasma amino acids and subsequent energy intake. Br J Nutr 2009;101:295-303.
3. Anderson JW, Fuller J, Patterson K, et al. Soy compared with casein meal replacement shakes with energy-restricted diets for obese women: randomized controlled trial. Metabolism 2007;56:280-8.
4. Demling RH, DeSanti L. Effect of a hypocaloric diet, increased protein intake and resistance training on lean mass gains and fat mass loss in overweight police officers. Ann Nutr Metab 2000;44:21-9.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower yet more prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids.1 This has led to speculation that casein may support protein synthesis by the body for a longer period of time compared with proteins, such as whey protein, that are more rapidly digested. However, in two double blind trials, measurements of muscle protein synthesis after leg exercises were similar whether casein or whey protein (either 20 grams or 0.3 grams per 2.2 lbs body weight taken one hour after exercise) was consumed. Other double blind studies have shown that adding protein supplements to a weight-training program improves gains in muscle mass and strength, but only one trial has compared using casein alone to other proteins for improving body composition and muscle strength. In this controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight gained more strength and lean body mass, and lost more body fat than did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan.ReferencesCasein is the main protein found in milk. Similar to other animal proteins, casein is a complete protein, providing generous amounts of essential amino acids.1 However, it is digested more slowly than most other animal proteins, resulting in a more prolonged release of amino acids into the bloodstream.2
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Builds Muscle
- Quickens Recovery Time
- Tastes Good
- After Workout
- Before Bed
- During Recovery
Comments about Optimum Nutrition Platinum Tri-Celle Casein™ - Chocolate Decadence:
I'm not the biggest on buying casein because I get enough protein from my diet and my normal whey shakes but every once in a while I like to pick some up to use as a pre-bed "meal replacement". This casein has a great nutritional profile and isn't packed with fillers like other companies protein powders which is nice. You get what you pay for with this product because it isn't the cheapest but the quality and flavors are pretty darn good! Chocolate mixed with almond milk was like drinking a light milk chocolate mousse. The vanilla was on the lighter side of flavoring which is nice because I don't like drinking rich vanilla flavors before bed and it was perfect for mixing in other things to make the flavor my own! Hopefully they come out with a greater variety of flavors in the future. If you are looking for a high quality casein protein then Platinum Tri-Celle is the way to go!
- Where did you hear about this product?:
- Special Event
- How many supplements do you use on a daily basis?:
- 3-5 Supplements Daily
- Which of the following is the most important to you?:
- Price, Quality
- Ask A Question