Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
ResVitále™ French Melon SOD Complex
There is a label available for this product. To view the label, click this icon or navigate to the "Label" tab below.
ResVitále™ French Melon SOD Complex30 Veggie Capsules
Buy One Get One 50% Off, Mix and Match! Details
$2.99 Flat Rate Shipping! Details
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
- Helps replenish the body's defense system against free radical attack
- Supports healthy cellular aging
- 10 mg - 140 IU SOD activity per serving
THE BENEFITS Overtime an ordinary melon wrinkles, ages and decays, whereas our remarkable French Melon variety stays fresh and firm longer. Our French Melon SOD Complex formula helps replenish your body's defense system against damaging free radicals and protect against oxidative stress, helping you maintain good health.
THE PROOF Our concentrated source is the stabilized form of SOD that is freeze-dried and specially encapsulated. .
French Melon SOD Complex
Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is one of the primary antioxidants mobilized as part of the body's defense against oxidative stress.§ Extracted from the unique selected variety of melon fruits Cucumis melo L., our naturally derived, patented Extramel™ French Melon SOD Complex provides a nutrient-dense for of SOD. .
This powerhouse formula also combines the essential antioxidant nutrients Copper, Zinc and Manganese, all designed to provide protection against oxidative stress and help support cellular aging.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Take one capsule daily with meals or as directed by your health care practitioner. If more is desired, take one capsule 4 times daily with food. Store tightly in a cool, dry place.
Serving Size 1 Veggie Capsule Servings Per Container 30 Amount Per Serving % DV Copper (as gluconate) 1.00 mg 50% Zinc (as Gluconate) 15.00 mg 100% Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate) 2.00 mg 100% French Freeze Dried Melon Concentrate Cucumis melo L. (standardized for SOD activity 140 IU) 10.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
- Health Notes
Antioxidants and Free RadicalsAntioxidants and Free Radicals
Antioxidants are nutrients that help minimize free-radical damage to the body. Free radicals are highly reactive compounds that are created in the body during normal metabolic functions or introduced from the environment, such as by exposure to pollution and other toxins. Inherently unstable, free radicals contain "extra" energy which they try to reduce by reacting with certain chemicals in the body, which interferes with the cells' ability to function normally. Antioxidants combat free radicals in several ways: they may reduce the energy of the free radical, stop the free radical from forming in the first place, or interrupt an oxidizing chain reaction to minimize the damage caused by free radicals.
Consuming a wide variety of antioxidant enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and herbs may be the best way to provide the body with the most complete protection against free-radical damage.
- The body produces several antioxidant enzymes, including superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, that neutralize many types of free radicals. Supplements of these enzymes are available for oral administration. However, their absorption is probably minimal at best. Supplementing with the "building blocks" the body requires to make superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase may be more effective. These building block nutrients include the minerals manganese, zinc, and copper for superoxide dismutase and selenium for glutathione peroxidase.
- In addition to enzymes, many vitamins and minerals act as antioxidants in their own right, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, lutein, lycopene, vitamin B2, coenzyme Q10, and cysteine (an amino acid). Herbs, such as bilberry, turmeric (curcumin), grape seed or pine bark extracts, and ginkgo can also provide powerful antioxidant protection for the body.
- An increasing number of antioxidant-rich "superfoods" are available, including mangosteen, kombucha, acai, pomegranate, goji berry, and chia seed.
Free radicals are believed to play a role in more than sixty different health conditions, including the aging process, cancer, and atherosclerosis.1 Reducing exposure to free radicals and increasing intake of antioxidant nutrients has the potential to reduce the risk of free radical-related health problems.
Oxygen, although essential to life, is the source of the potentially damaging free radicals. Free radicals are also found in the environment. Environmental sources of free radicals include exposure to ionizing radiation (from industry, sun exposure, cosmic rays, and medical X-rays), ozone and nitrous oxide (primarily from automobile exhaust), heavy metals (such as mercury, cadmium, and lead), cigarette smoke (both active and passive), alcohol, unsaturated fat, and other chemicals and compounds from food, water, and air.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question
PEOPLE WHO BUY THIS ALSO BUY:
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Price: $44.99Member Price: $44.99 Become a Member
- Price: $44.99Member Price: $44.99 Become a Member