Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
Skin AuthorityŽ VitaD Fortified™ Illuminating Duo
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
VitaD Fortified™ Illuminating Duo
Revolutionary "Inside Out" System To Counteract Vitamin D Deficiency.
- Whole food, 100% vegan plant source of Vitamin D.
- Essential for calcium absorption, strong.bones, and healthy skin
- Vitamin infused skin care formula promotes.firmness and luminosity
- Not enough Vitamin D food sources through our diet.
- Seasonal variations, geographical location, and aging reduce our skin's ability to manufacture vitamin D from sunlight.
- 1 billion worldwide may be deficient.
- Deficiency may be linked to cancer (skin, breast, colorectal, prostate), cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, autoimmune diseases, asthma, bone loss, osteoarthritis, and others.
- Vitamin D may influence hundreds of genes.
- Vitamin rich compound of essential skin nutrients includingD2, D3, A, E, and K
- Includes both Vitamin D2 and D3 for full-spectrum effect
- Powerful oligopeptide to firm and brighten skin with continued use.
- Oil-Free, Dry Finish Technology™
- Only 100% vegan, plant source of Vitamin D
- Each teaspoon equals 600 IU of Vitamin D, making it easy for you to reachyour recommended daily value
- Shaker dispenser makes it easy to add to any meal or drink
- Great in soups, stews, sauces, casseroles, dressings, entrees, pasta, rice, oatmeal, smoothies, and more
- Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 tsp Servings Per Container 20 Amount Per Serving % DV Sodium 1.30 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 0.40 g 0% Protein 0.30 g 0% Calories 4.70 Vitamin D 600.00 IU 150% Sodium 1.30 mg 0% Total Fat 0.04 g 0% Total Fat 0.04 g 0% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: vitaD Fortified™ Topical Elixir (Deionized Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, Mica, Agaricus Bisporus (Common Mushroom), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Retinol, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oligopeptide-34, Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/ c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide)
Warning: vitaD Fortified™ Whole Food Spice Powder. PortoBello Mushrooms.
Distributed by: Skin Authority, LLC, Carlsbad, CA 92010
- Health Notes
Niacinamide for Skin Protection?Niacinamide for Skin Protection?Be especially careful about sun exposure at high altitudes, in the snow, and on the beachNew research suggests that niacinamide (vitamin B3) has potential skin protection benefits. A study in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology found that people who took daily niacinamide reduced the number of actinic keratoses (precursors to skin cancer) on their skin by more than 30%.
Niacinamide linked to fewer skin lesions
In this study, 76 healthy men and women (ages 48 to 90) who had at least four actinic keratoses were randomly assigned to receive 500 mg of niacinamide once daily or twice daily, or placebo for four months. All participants had skin examinations before the study and at two and four months.
Results showed that both niacinamide groups had about one-third fewer actinic keratoses at four months compared with the control group. The niacinamide group also had a lower risk of developing a new skin cancer lesion during the study period compared with the control group (11 placebo participants developed 20 new skin cancers and 2 niacinamide participants developed 4 cancers).
It isn't exactly clear how niacinamide may help prevent lesions that may lead to skin cancer, but the study authors comment that niacinamide may help repair damaged DNA and help boost our immune system. They report that niacinamide is "highly immune protective in humans" and has been shown to prevent cancer in mice. Further research is needed about dosages and safety. Higher doses of niacinamide than those used in this study have been linked to a risk of liver damage.
Always talk with a doctor before starting a supplement to understand more about the risks and benefits.
Steps toward skin protection
Skin cancer is a common type of cancer, but the good news is that there are things we can do to help prevent them. Experts recommend these and other steps for protecting your skin:
- Enjoy the sun but don't overdo it. Avoid sunburns and blistering.
- Avoid the sun and seek shade during peak hours (10 AM to 4 PM).
- Wear sunscreen and reapply as needed.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses and consider other protective clothing-even long sleeves and pants.
- Be especially careful about sun exposure at high altitudes, in the snow, and on the beach.
- Have your skin checked regularly by a doctor.
- Ask a doctor how to examine your own skin and what to look for in terms of suspicious moles or growths that could be cancer or turn into cancer
(J Invest Dermatol 2012;132:1497-500)Jane Hart, MD, board-certified in internal medicine, serves in a variety of professional roles including consultant, journalist, and educator. Dr. Hart, a Clinical Instructor at Case Medical School in Cleveland, Ohio, writes extensively about health and wellness and a variety of other topics for nationally recognized organizations, websites, and print publications. Sought out for her expertise in the areas of integrative and preventive medicine, she is frequently quoted by national and local media. Dr. Hart is a professional lecturer for healthcare professionals, consumers, and youth and is a regular corporate speaker.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Simple to Use
- Daily Use
Comments about Skin Authority® VitaD Fortified™ Illuminating Duo:
I never thought of an "inside-out" approach before. The elixir instantly absorbs and makes my skin feel amazing. The powder is easy to sprinkle into any dish and I can't even tell the difference! Love both of these products!
- Ask A Question