- Product Images
- Product Videos
Source Naturals® Vanadium With Chromium
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels*
- Supplement Facts
1 tablet daily with food. Do not exceed suggested use except as directed by your physician.
Serving Size 1 Tablet Servings Per Container 90 Amount Per Serving % DV Chromium GTF (as polynicotinate [ChromeMate]) 200.00 mcg ** Vanadium (as bis-glycinato-oxo-vanadium) 1.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid
Warning: If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, breastfeeding, diabetic or have any glucose metabolism disorder, consult your health care professional before using this product.
Source Naturals, INC. P.O. Box 2188, Santa Cruz, CA 95062
- Health Notes
VanadiumVanadiumThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:Type 2 DiabetesDose: Refer to label instructionsVanadyl sulfate, a form of vanadium, may improve glucose control in people with type 2 diabetes.(more)Type 2 DiabetesDose: Refer to label instructionsVanadyl sulfate, a form of vanadium, may improve glucose control in people with type 2 diabetes.1, 2, 3 Over a six-week period, a small group of people with type 2 diabetes were given 75 to 300 mg of vanadyl sulfate per day.4 Only in the groups receiving 150 mg or 300 mg was glucose metabolism improved, fasting blood sugar decreased, and another marker for chronic high blood sugar reduced. At the 300 mg level, total cholesterol decreased, although not without an accompanying reduction in the protective HDL cholesterol. None of the amounts improved insulin sensitivity. Although there was no evidence of toxicity after six weeks of vanadyl sulfate supplementation, gastrointestinal side effects were experienced by some of the participants taking 150 mg per day and by all of the participants taking 300 mg per day. The long-term safety of the large amounts of vanadium needed to help people with type 2 diabetes (typically 100 mg per day) remains unknown. Many doctors expect that amounts this high may prove to be unsafe in the long term.References
1. Halberstam M, Cohen N, Schlimovich P, et al. Oral vanadyl sulfate improves insulin sensitivity in NIDDM but not in obese nondiabetic subjects. Diabetes 1996;45:659-66.
2. Boden G, Chen X, Ruiz J, et al. Effects of vanadyl sulfate on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Metabolism 1996;45:1130-5.
3. Goldfine AB, Patti ME, Zuberi L, et al. Metabolic effects of vanadyl sulfate in humans with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: in vivo and in vitro studies. Metabolism 2000;49:400-10.
4. Goldfine AB, Patti ME, Zuberi L, et al. Metabolic effects of vanadyl sulfate in humans with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: in vivo and in vitro studies. Metabolism 2000;49:400-10.
Vanadium is an ultra-trace mineral found in the human diet and the human body. It is essential for some animals. Deficiency symptoms in these animals include growth retardation, bone deformities, and infertility. However, vanadium has not been proven to be an essential mineral for humans.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question