- Product Images
- Product Videos
USPlabs™ Modern BCAA™
Sale Price: $25.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
8:1:1 BCAA TABLETS
"The BETTER BCAA"™
- Supplement Facts
Take 5 tablets between meals.
Serving Size 5 Tablets Servings Per Container 30 Amount Per Serving % DV Proprietary Blend BCAA 6326.90 mg ** Micronized 8:1:1 BCAA Blend ** L-Leucine L-Isoleucine L-Valine L-Lysine L-Alanine L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine (Sustamine) ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, Croscarmellose Sodium, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methlcellulose, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Glycerin
Warning: This product is only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18 years of age or older. Pregnant or nursing women should not use this product. Discontinue use and immediately consult your health care professional if you experience any adverse reaction to this product. Do not exceed recommended serving. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Manufactured for USPlabs, LLC (Dallas, Texas 75220)
- Health Notes
Branched-Chain Amino AcidsBranched-Chain Amino AcidsThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:Athletic Performance and Mental Decline During Exercise at Extreme TemperatureDose: Refer to label instructionsSome research has shown that branched-chain amino acids help prevent muscle loss at high altitudes, prolong endurance performance in the heat, and improve exercise-induced declines in mental functioning. (more)Athletic Performance and Post-Exercise Infection at Extreme TemperatureDose: Refer to label instructionsSome research has shown that branched-chain amino acids may support immune fuction and improve infection at high altitudes and prolong endurance performance in the heat. (more)Kidney FailureDose: Refer to label instructions(more)Athletic Performance and Mental Decline During Exercise at Extreme TemperatureDose: Refer to label instructions
Some research has shown that supplemental branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) (typically 10 to 20 grams per day) do not result in meaningful changes in body composition,1 nor do they improve exercise performance or enhance the effects of physical training.2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 However, BCAA supplementation may be useful in special situations, such as preventing muscle loss at high altitudes and prolonging endurance performance in the heat.8, 9 One controlled study gave triathletes 6 grams per day of BCAA for one month before a competition, then 3 grams per day from the day of competition until a week following. Compared with a placebo, BCAA restored depleted glutamine stores and immune factors that occur in elite athletes, and led to a reported one-third fewer symptoms of infection during the period of supplementation.10 Studies by one group of researchers suggest that BCAA supplementation may also improve exercise-induced declines in some aspects of mental functioning.11, 12, 13References
1. Kelly GS. Sports nutrition: A review of selected nutritional supplements for bodybuilders and strength athletes. Alt Med Rev 1997;2:184-201.
2. Van Hall G, Raaymakers JSH, Saris WHM, Wagenmakers AJM. Supplementation with branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) and tryptophan has no effect on performance during prolonged exercise. Clin Sci 1994;87:52 [abstract #75].
3. Blomstrand E, Hassmen P, Ek S, et al. Influence of ingesting a solution of branched-chain amino acids on perceived exertion during exercise. Acta Physiol Scand 1997;159:41-9.
4. Madsen K, MacLean DA, Kiens B, et al. Effects of glucose, glucose plus branched-chain amino acids, or placebo on bike performance over 100 km. J Appl Physiol 1996;81:2644-50.
5. Davis JM, Welsh RS, De Volve KL, et al. Effects of branched-chain amino acids and carbohydrate on fatigue during intermittent, high Intensity running. Int J Sports Med 1999;20:309-14.
6. Vukovich MD, Sharp RL, Kesl LD, et al. Effects of a low-dose amino acid supplement on adaptations to cycling training in untrained individuals. Int J Sport Nutr 1997;7:298-309.
7. Freyssenet D, Berthon P, Denis C, et al. Effect of a 6-week endurance training programme and branched-chain amino acid supplementation on histomorphometric characteristics of aged human muscle. Arch Physiol Biochem 1996;104:157-62.
8. Schena F, Guerrini F, Tregnaghi P, et al. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation during trekking at high altitude. The effects on loss of body mass, body composition, and muscle power. Eur J Appl Physiol 1992;65:394-8.
9. Mittleman KD, Ricci MR, Bailey SP. Branched-chain amino acids prolong exercise during heat stress in men and women. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1998;30:83-91.
10. Bassit RA, Sawada LA, Bacurau RF, et al. The effect of BCAA supplementation upon the immune response of triathletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000;32:1214-9.
11. Hassmen P, Blomstrand E, Ekblom B, Newsholme EA. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation during 30-km competitive run: mood and cognitive performance. Nutrition 1994;10:405-10.
12. Blomstrand E, Hassmen P, Ek S, et al. Influence of ingesting a solution of branched-chain amino acids on perceived exertion during exercise. Acta Physiol Scand 1997;159:41-9.
13. Blomstrand E, Hassmen P, Ekblom B, et al. Administration of branched-chain amino acids during sustained exercise-effects on performance and on plasma concentration of some amino acids. Eur J Appl Physiol 1991;63:83-8.Athletic Performance and Post-Exercise Infection at Extreme TemperatureDose: Refer to label instructionsKidney FailureDose: Refer to label instructions
The branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are leucine, isoleucine, and valine. BCAAs are considered essential amino acids because human beings cannot survive unless these amino acids are present in the diet.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Value
Comments about USP LABS 1010125 USPlabs™ Modern BCAA™:
I use this product during my workout everyday. It increases my stamina and help me to increase my workout sessions to achieve my goal in a better way.
- Where did you hear about this product?:
- Friend or Family Member, Physician
- How many supplements do you use on a daily basis?:
- 1-2 Supplements Daily
- Which of the following is the most important to you?:
- Ask A Question