Lipozene® (Amorphophallus konjac ) - 2 Bottle Bonus Pack
- Maximum Strength Weight Loss Formula
- Clinically Proven: Helps Reduce Weight and Body Fat
- 1500mg per dose
- Safe and Effective
Maximum Strength Lipozene® (Amorphophallus konjac)1500mg per dose lose pure body fat! In a double blind study not only did participants lose weight but 78% of weight lost was pure body fat! Clinically proven to help reduce weight, helps reduce body fat, safe and effective.
PRODUCT DIRECTIONS / ADDITIONAl INFO
As a dietary maximum results take 2 capsules 30 minutes before meals up to 3 times per day with at least 8 oz of water.
WarningsTaking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block you throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention., If you are pregnant or nursing, under the age of 18, have a medical condition, or are taking any prescription drug, consult your physician before using this dietary supplement.
Other IngredientsGelatin, Magnesium Silicate, stearic acid
Lipozene® is exclusively manufactured for:
Obesity Research Institute,LLC Carlsbad, CA
2 months ago
The only ingredient in Lipozene is Amorphophallus Konjac, or as you will usually hear it called, Glucomannan or Konjac root. Konjac is an expanding fiber that when ingested expands in your stomach to make you feel fuller. This is not a bad thing because it can act as an appetite suppressant and help move waste through your body, but that is all it is capable of doing. Konjac does not speed up your metabolism or cause your body to burn more fat. Now, if you were to take this and it caused you to eat less, then you would be theoretically able to lose weight due to the calorie deficit (along with exercise). Now, the Obesity Research Institute would like you to believe that Lipozene "attacks" body fat. NO IT DOESN'T. As I stated above, Konjac has no direct effect on body fat. To say that it is directly targeting body fat is not just misleading, it is a flat out lie
These are my biggest problems with the product, which are repeated over and over again on their commercials. They say that Lipozene cause people to lose weight and of that weight 78% was pure body fat. Sounds good, but what was the other 22%? You could assume that some of it was probably water weight, but more than likely it would also include muscle. In case you didn't know, you do not want to lose muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the more fat you are able to burn. So this means that if you start to lose muscle mass, then you are going to be unable to burn fat as effectively.
The second issue is with the fine print on the commercial. It said that in their "double-blind, clinical study" participants lost on average 3.86 lbs. over the course of 8 weeks. Hmm, so 3.86 lbs divided by 8 weeks. That averages out to .48 lbs per week, or 7.68 oz. That really isn't that effective when diet and exercise alone can easily do more than that.
Finally, one bottle contains 30 pills. Just to help you feel full, you need to take 2 pills, 3x a day with meals. So you have to take 6 pills a day for it to be effective, which means that one bottle will give you 5 days worth. But you get a second bottle for free right? Awesome, so now you get 10 days worth instead of 5.
Simply put, do not waste your money on this. You can find similar products in the store that will do the same thing for less. For example, there is a GNC product called Chitosan w/Glucomannan. Like the Glucomannan(Konjac root), Chitosan is another fiber that expands in your stomach to help you feel full. This one gives you 120 servings (vs. 60 for Lipozene), and it is about 2 bucks less.
The lable says to take two capsules 30 minutes before each meal, meaning the 30 capsule bottle is a 5-day supply rather than a one month supply.
I will take a wait-and-see attitude as to whether this product is effective, but as I begin, I question whether this product is more effective than taking any other fiber suppliment (such as psyllium) before meals.
The main benifits appear to be 1) the product swells when you drink water, making you feel fuller before you begin eating, and 2) being a non-digested fiber laxative, it 'sweeps the intestines clean'.
With the product costing $3 per day when used as directed, Metamucil may be a much cheaper alternative...
Also, the recommendation that you not take vitamins or medications for two hours before or after using the product means you can not take medications or vitamins with your meals.