Accu Fitness LLC ACCU-MEASURE® FITNESS 3000 Personal Body Fat Tester
Item # 800001
DescriptionDocumented Accuracy...a clinical study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research by the National Strength & Conditioning Association and independently funded by EAS showed that:
Download a complete copy of this study directly from the AccuFitness web site at www.accufitness.com/study.pdf
Get fit with these other products distributed by AccuFitness:
Measurement Tips for the Accu-Measure® Caliper
PRODUCT DIRECTIONS / ADDITIONAl INFOTHE IDEAL WAY TO MEASURE BODY FAT USING THE ACCU-MEASURE® CALIPER
Since the majority of fat on the body is located directly under the skin, a very effi cient and practical way to measure your body fat percentage is skinfold measurement - the scientific approach to the time-honored “pinch an inch” method and the most tried and trusted method of measuring body fat. The Accu-Measure caliper is designed to make this a very simple and accurate procedure that you can perform on yourself privately (or have someone perform for you, whichever you prefer). Although skinfold measurement is technically simple to learn and perform, take some time to familiarize yourself with the correct procedure.
How to Take an Accurate Accu-Measure® Personal Body Fat Caliper Reading
1. The site you will use for skinfold measurement is the suprailliac, which is located approximately one inch above the point of your right hipbone. To find the suprailliac, put your left index finger on the point of your right hipbone and move up one inch (see fi gure 1).
2. Make sure the slide on the curved part of the Accu-Measure caliper is moved all the way to the right. Place the Accu-Measure caliper in your right hand.
3. While standing, with your fi ngers about 2-3 inches apart, fi rmly grasp the suprailliac skinfold between the thumb and index finger of your left hand. Gently pull the skinfold away from your body. Pull the skin and underlying fat away from the muscle tissue (see figures 2 and 3). Note: If the site contains a large amount of fat, you will need to increase the distance between your thumb and index fi nger in order to grasp and pull the fold. Be sure to grasp the skinfold directly on the skin - not through clothing.
4. With the Accu-Measure in your right hand, place the Accu-Measure jaws over the skinfold about 1/4 of an inch from your left thumb and forefinger (see figures 4 and 5). The caliper heads should be halfway between the crest and base of the fold, right in the middle of the fold (see figure 4). The caliper must be perpendicular to the skinfold.
5. While continuing to hold the skinfold with the left hand, press with the thumb where indicated on the Accu-Measure until you feel a slight “CLICK.” The measurement slide will automatically move across the measurement arm and stop at the correct reading. Immediately stop pinching when you feel and hear the “CLICK.” Release the jaws of the Accu-Measure and read and record your measurement to the nearest millimeter. Return the slide member to the far right starting position so it is in place for your next measurement.
6. Once you have taken one reading, take another measurement. If the second reading is more than 1mm apart from your fi rst reading, take another measurement, and record the reading when it becomes most consistent.
7. Refer to the appropriate MALE or FEMALE Body Fat Measurement Chart to determine your body fat percentage at the intersection of your age and millimeter reading.
5.0 / 5.0
Fast and easy....
This product works pretty well and has some additional resources in the packet that comes with it. It's quick and simple.
May 8, 2013
It's real easy to use, just follow the instructions.
June 21, 2012