Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
MHP® Active Sport
There is a label available for this product. To view the label, click this icon or navigate to the "Label" tab below.
MHP® Active Sport120 Tablets
Free Membership with $10 Purchase! Details
Free Shipping on Orders of $99 or More! Details
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
Enzyme Activated Multi-Vitamin
The Multi with Muscle!
Get More From Your Multi!
The Only Multi-Vitamin Clinically Proven To:
- Increase Free Amino Acid Levels by 184%*
- Increase BCAA Utilization by 142%*
- Increase Endurance During Exercise by 143%*
- Decrease Lactic Acid Levels by 275%*
Active delivers a full spectrum infusion of "activated" vitamins, amino acid chelated minerals and high ORAC antioxidants for improved muscle recovery and Anabolase, the patented interactive food optimizer that maximizes carbohydrate, protein and fat utilization.
- Anabolase-Patented Interactive Food Optimizer Containing:
-Aminogen®: Maximizes Protein Utilization -Carbogen®: Maximizes Carbohydrate Utilization-Lipolase®: Maximizes Fat Utilization
- Full Spectrum of Vitamin and Mineral Micronutrients
- "Fully Reacted" Vitamin C Mineral Ascorbates
- "Activated" B-complex Coenzymes
- Neutrally Charged Amino Acid Chelated Minerals
- High ORAC Muscle Recovery and Immune Support Antioxidant Blend With Green Tea, Alpha Lipoic Acid and CoQ-10
- Time Released For Steady Nutrient Delivery
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Take 4 tablets once daily or 2 tablets twice daily (preferably with your largest meals for best absorption and maximum utilization of proteins, carbohydrates and fats)
Serving Size 4 Tablets Servings Per Container 30 Amount Per Serving % DV Vitamin A (as beta-carotene alpha-carotene lutein zeaxanthin cryptoxanthin astaxanthin and lycopene) 5000.00 IU 100% Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate potassium ascorbate magnesium ascorbate zinc ascorbate manganese ascorbate 300.00 mg 500% Chromium Ascorbate ** Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 200.00 IU 50% Vitamin E (as mixed tocopherols supplying d-alpha- beta- gamma- and delta-tocopherols) 150.00 IU 500% Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate) 75.00 mg 5000% Riboflavin (as riboflavin and riboflavin 5-phosphate) 75.00 mg 4412% Niacin (as Niacin and Niacinamide) 75.00 mg 375% Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl and pyridoxine 5-phosphate) 75.00 mg 3750% Folate (as folic acid and Metafolin®) 400.00 mcg 100% Vitamin B12 (as dibencozide) 100.00 mcg 1667% Biotin 300.00 mcg 100% Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 75.00 mg 750% Calcium (as calcium amino acid chelate calcium citrate and calcium ascorbate) 200.00 mg 20% Iodine (from kelp) 150.00 mcg 100% Magnesium (as magnesium amino acid chelate and magnesium ascorbate) 100.00 mg 25% Zinc (as zinc amino acid chelate and zinc ascorbate) 15.00 mg 100% Selenium (as Selenium Amino Acid Chelate) 200.00 mcg 286% Copper (as copper amino acid chelate and copper ascorbate) 2.00 mg 100% Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate and manganese ascorbate) 2.00 mg 100% Chromium (as chromium amino acid chelate and chromium ascorbate) 120.00 mcg 100% Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate) 75.00 mcg 100% Potassium (as potassium aspartate and potassium ascorbate) 99.00 mg 3% Boron (as Boron Chelate) 2.00 mg 0% Vanadium (as vanadyl sulfate) 5.00 mcg 0% Choline (as choline bitartrate) 75.00 mg 0% Inositol 75.00 mg 0% Silica (as Silicon Dioxide) 11.00 mg 0% Anabolase-Patented Interactive Food Optimizer 470.00 mg 0% Aminogen-Protein & Amino Acid Enhancing Matrix ** Carbogen-Carbohydrate and Glycogen Enhancing Matrix ** Lipolase-Fatty Acid Enhancing Matrix ** Lipase ** Hemicellulase ** Cellulase ** From Aspergillus niger ** Aspergillus oryzae and Rhizopus oryzae supplying acid & semi-alkaline protease ** Amylase ** High ORAC Muscle Recovery and Immune Support Antioxidant Blend 250.00 mg 0% Broccoli ** Beet (root) ** Acai ** Co-Enzyme Q10 ** Red Raspberry Leaf ** alpha-Lipoic Acid ** Pomegranate extract (20% ellagic acid) ** green tea leaf extract (36% polyphenols) ** Grape skin extract (37% polyphenols) ** Bilberry Fruit extract (25% anthocyanosides) ** Kale (leaf) ** Spinach (leaf) ** Brussels sprouts (leaf) ** Citrus bioflavonoid complex ** N-acetyl cysteine ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Protect from heat, light and moisture. Warning: Keep out of reach of children
Do not purchase if seal is broken Maximum Human Performance, Inc.
21 Dwight Place, Fairfield, NJ 07004
- Health Notes
Multivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMultivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMen taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overallMany Westerners are concerned that they may not be getting all the nutrients they need everyday for optimal health, which has made multivitamins a popular choice for many people. Study results on multivitamins often conflict, with some showing benefits, and others finding either no benefit or even potential harm. Now, much-anticipated results from a large, randomized, controlled trial of multivitamins have been released, and this one falls on the side of benefit, showing a modest but significant decrease in cancer occurrence for men who take a basic, daily multivitamin.
The ideal study population
Researchers randomly selected 14,641 male physicians to receive a daily multivitamin-mineral supplement or placebo for approximately 11 years. The physicians were 50 years or older, and 9% had a previous history of cancer. Other factors, including age, height and weight, tobacco and alcohol use, diet, other medications, and family history of cancer were similar in the supplement and placebo groups.
The multivitamin provided around 100% of the daily value for most essential vitamins and minerals, with a few exceptions. It contained no iron, and for vitamins E and B12, the multivitamin provided significantly more than 100% of the daily value. For vitamin K, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and chromium, it provided significantly less than 100%. The supplement contained some additional nutrients, including lutein and lycopene.
Moderate multivitamin, less total cancer
Men taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overall than men in the placebo group.
There were no significant differences between the supplement and placebo groups in terms of specific cancer types, such as prostate and colorectal cancers. There were no significant differences in the risk of death due to cancer between the two groups.
The study multivitamin was similar to "common," moderate-dose products available in any supermarket or pharmacy. Given that past studies have suggested multivitamins may increase cancer risk, these findings are reassuring. However, according to lead study author Dr. J. Michael Gaziano, "It would be a big mistake for people to go out and take a multivitamin instead of quitting smoking or doing other things that we have a higher suspicion play a bigger role, like eating a good diet and getting exercise."
Keep this in mind as you consider our tips on creating your own cancer risk reduction plan:
- Be modest. Steer clear of mega-doses, and follow the American Cancer Society's advice: eat a balanced diet, and if you take a supplement, choose a balanced multivitamin that contains no more than 100% of the daily value of most nutrients.
- Seek the experts. A person's diet may get out of balance for a variety of reasons, such as illness, nutrient depletion or malabsorption caused by a drug, medical condition, food intolerance, or allergy. If this describes you, discuss your diet with your doctor or dietitian to identify specific nutrients that may be missing.
- Consider context. The study population was healthy, older males, most of whom don't smoke, and many of whom eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. If you smoke, are obese, or have additional risk factors for cancer, heart disease, or other chronic disease, these findings may not apply to you.
- Get bang for your buck. Regardless of whether you take a multivitamin, you can never go wrong by adopting basic cancer prevention strategies: avoid tobacco, drink alcohol modestly or not at all, move regularly, eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, use sunscreen consistently, and maintain a healthy body weight.
(JAMA 2012; 308:doi:10.1001/jama.2012.14641)Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
- Ask A Question