Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein™- Cookie Dough
Sale Price: $44.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
Qty: 30 Servings
Sale Price: $31.99Member Price: $29.99
- More Sizes Available
BEYOND THE BASICS
- The best All-Micellar Casein.
- 24 grams of time-released protein per serving.
- Contains AMINOGEN® digestive enzymes to enhance utilization.
- Over 5 grams of BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine).
- Nearly 5 grams of Glutamine & glutamine precursors in every scoop.
Rapid protein use is desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles, but delayed digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times – including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food. Casein proteins are acid sensitive and thicken in the stomach. Because of this, it can take more than twice as long for our Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to be broken down into its amino acid subcomponents than other proteins. By using only premium micellar casein, we’ve created a protein formula that’s truly time-released.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Using a shaker cup is the easiest and most convenient way to mix up a consistently great casein shake every time. Just add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to a shaker cup filled with 10-12 oz of your preferred beverage. Cover and shake for 25-30 seconds. TIP: Adjust the intensity of your Gold Standard 100% Casein™ by varying the amount of liquid that you use to prepare it. For a bolder flavor with slightly more body and sweetness, mix one heaping scoop with 8-10 oz of water, milk, or your favorite beverage. For a milder tasting, less sweet shake, use 12-14 oz of liquid per scoop.
BLENDER: Add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to a blender filled with 10-12 oz of water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Blend for 20-30 seconds. Then add 3-4 ice cubes and blend for an additional 30 seconds. SHAKE UP YOUR SHAKE: By adding a few high-energy ingredients to your shake you can blend up a delicious meal: try adding fresh or frozen fruits (strawberries, bananas, peaches, etc.), peanut butter, flaxseed oil, yogurt, coconut, slivered almonds, or other ingredients. STACK YOUR SHAKE: By adding supplements like Micronized Creatine, Glutamine, Taurine, and/or INSTANTIZED BCAA powders, you can make Gold Standard 100% Casein™ an even more powerful recovery product.
SPOON STIRRED: If you forgot your shaker cup or don’t have time to get out the blender, you can just add one heaping scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein™ to a glass filled with 10-12 oz of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage. Then mix it up with a spoon for about 30 seconds or until powder is dissolved.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 Heaping scoop Servings Per Container 27 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 10.00 Total Fat 1.00 g 2% Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3% Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 10.00 mg 3% Sodium 260.00 mg 11% Total Carbohydrate 3.00 g 1% Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4% Calories 120.00 Sugars 0.00 g Protein 24.00 g 48% Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% Calcium 0.00 40% Calcium 0.00 40% Iron 0.00 0% Iron 0.00 0% ** Daily Value (DV) not established † Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
your calorie needs:
Calories: 2000 2500 Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300 mg Sodium Less than 2400 mg 2400 mg Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g Calories per gram: Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
Other Ingredients: Micellar Casein, Micellar Casein, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Salt, Lecithin, Lecithin, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Acesulfame Potassium, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Sucralose, Aminogen®, Aminogen®
Warning: DO NOT USE AS A SOLE SOURCE OFNUTRITION FOR WEIGHT LOSS OR MAINTENANCE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. CONTENTS SOLD BY WEIGHT NOT VOLUME.
CONTAINS MILK AND SOY (LECITHIN) INGREDIENTS.
Sunrise, FL 33325 Consumer Affairs
- Health Notes
Casein ProteinCasein ProteinThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
- Contradictory, insufficient, or preliminary studies suggesting a health benefit or minimal health benefit.
- For an herb, supported by traditional use but minimal or no scientific evidence. For a supplement, little scientific support.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein in milk may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition. (more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower, prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids, so some speculate that it may better support protein synthesis by the body compared with proteins like whey protein that are more rapidly digested. (more)ObesityDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein, the main protein in milk, may aid weight loss due to its effect on appetite, calorie burning, and body composition.1, 2 In a controlled trial, overweight women dieted for four months using a low-calorie diet that included three daily shakes made from either casein or soy protein.3 Both groups lost similar amounts of weight, with similar improvements in body composition, suggesting there was no difference in the weight-loss benefits of soy or casein protein. In another controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight lost a similar amount of weight as did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan. However, the men using casein protein gained more lean body mass and lost more body fat than the men using whey protein.4References
1. Hochstenbach-Waelen A, Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, at al. Comparison of 2 diets with either 25% or 10% of energy as casein on energy expenditure, substrate balance, and appetite profile. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:831-8.
2. Veldhorst MA, Nieuwenhuizen AG, Hochstenbach-Waelen A, at al. Comparison of the effects of a high- and normal-casein breakfast on satiety, 'satiety' hormones, plasma amino acids and subsequent energy intake. Br J Nutr 2009;101:295-303.
3. Anderson JW, Fuller J, Patterson K, et al. Soy compared with casein meal replacement shakes with energy-restricted diets for obese women: randomized controlled trial. Metabolism 2007;56:280-8.
4. Demling RH, DeSanti L. Effect of a hypocaloric diet, increased protein intake and resistance training on lean mass gains and fat mass loss in overweight police officers. Ann Nutr Metab 2000;44:21-9.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsCasein protein is more slowly digested than other animal proteins, resulting in a slower yet more prolonged rise in blood levels of amino acids.1 This has led to speculation that casein may support protein synthesis by the body for a longer period of time compared with proteins, such as whey protein, that are more rapidly digested. However, in two double blind trials, measurements of muscle protein synthesis after leg exercises were similar whether casein or whey protein (either 20 grams or 0.3 grams per 2.2 lbs body weight taken one hour after exercise) was consumed. Other double blind studies have shown that adding protein supplements to a weight-training program improves gains in muscle mass and strength, but only one trial has compared using casein alone to other proteins for improving body composition and muscle strength. In this controlled trial, overweight men were given a low-calorie diet along with a weight training exercise plan for three months. Men who followed this plan and also took 1.5 grams per day of predigested casein protein per 2.2 lbs body weight gained more strength and lean body mass, and lost more body fat than did men using a similar amount of whey protein along with the same diet and exercise plan.ReferencesCasein is the main protein found in milk. Similar to other animal proteins, casein is a complete protein, providing generous amounts of essential amino acids.1 However, it is digested more slowly than most other animal proteins, resulting in a more prolonged release of amino acids into the bloodstream.2
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented in Aisle7 is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Tastes Bad
- Before Bed
Comments about Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein™- Cookie Dough:
I have HORRIBLE sugar cravings at night. I go to the gym twice a day and also attend school as a professional dancer with rehearsals until late at night. I wanted to add casein to my diet to help curve my sugar cravings, add more protein to my diet, and help me lose a few extra pounds being that this protein is only 120 calories. I tried this as my first casein product and it tasts AWFUL! I usually will only get chocolate or vanilla flavors, but I decided to try this one. I am returning it tomorrow and waiting for the chocolate to become in stock.
- How many supplements do you use on a daily basis?:
- 3-5 Supplements Daily
- Which of the following is the most important to you?:
- Price, Quality
- Builds Muscle
- Quickens Recovery Time
- Before Bed
Comments about Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein™- Cookie Dough:
I hardcore weight train 2 hrs a day & mix in cardio everyday and this stuff gives me the recovery I need to be able to push myself each & everyday! I have 1 whey protein shake (2 scoops) immediately following my workouts and 1 casein shake before bed (2 scoops)combined with a strict diet and have seen amazing results! Remember, it doesn't matter how much work you put in the gym if you don't give your body the fuel it needs to grow!
BY THE WAY, the cookie dough flavor is delicious!! The shakes can be a pain to mix up, but me personally, I like the thickness of them! gives you a nice full satisfying feeling.
ALSO, the chocolate cake batter flavor is tasty as well!
- Ask A Question