Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
GNC Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak®
There is a label available for this product. To view the label, click this icon or navigate to the "Label" tab below.
GNC Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak®30 pack(s)
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping! Details
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
- High potency, no iron multivitamin clinically proven to increase vitality*
- Features 25 mg of DHEA to support health & wellness*
- Enhanced energy formula to boost metabolism*
- Specialized saw palmetto formula to promote prostate health*
"Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak® Program includes premium ingredients to provide high potency nutritional support for men over 40. It suppies 25 mg of DHEA which is necessary to support optimal health, saw palmetto for prostate health, a clinically proven multivitamin and a prowerful energy enhancer. I highly recommend this product for men over 40 who are seeking a total nutritional support program." – Frank J. Costa, M.D.Why Should I Use Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak® Program?
Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak® Program is a complete nutritional plan that provides men over 40 with a convenient way to achieve their daily nutritional goals in one convenient pak. The components of this program- GNC's clinically proven Mega Men® multivitamin, DHEA, metabolism enhancing Energy Formula and Saw Palmetto Formula- are specially formulated to provide high potency support and enhance energy.*
How Can Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak® Program Benefit Me?
As you age your body changes and DHEA naturally declines, Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak® Program supports DHEA and other premium ingredients for total nutritional support.*
How Does Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak® Program Work?Each serving of Mega Men® DHEA Vitapak® Program includes the following components to help you achieve your daily nutritional goals:
- Mega Men® - This clinically studied, powerful no iron multivitamin supports overall health and wellness. It includes a potent complex of B-vitamins which are essential for metabolism support and energy production.*
- DHEA 25 - DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) is one of the most abundant hormones produced in the body and is a precursor to other hormones. DHEA 25 can help support your DHEA levels, which decline as the body matures.*
- Energy Formula - This metabolism enhancing formula combines standardized guarana with panax ginseng, rhodiola and yerba mate boost energy levels and support mental alertness.*
- Saw Palmetto Formula – This formula blends lycopene and saw palmetto to help support prostate health and normal, healthy urinary flow.* Also contains zinc which is required for normal reproductive function.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Distributed by: General Nutrition Corporation Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Health Notes
Multivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMultivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMen taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overallMany Westerners are concerned that they may not be getting all the nutrients they need everyday for optimal health, which has made multivitamins a popular choice for many people. Study results on multivitamins often conflict, with some showing benefits, and others finding either no benefit or even potential harm. Now, much-anticipated results from a large, randomized, controlled trial of multivitamins have been released, and this one falls on the side of benefit, showing a modest but significant decrease in cancer occurrence for men who take a basic, daily multivitamin.
The ideal study population
Researchers randomly selected 14,641 male physicians to receive a daily multivitamin-mineral supplement or placebo for approximately 11 years. The physicians were 50 years or older, and 9% had a previous history of cancer. Other factors, including age, height and weight, tobacco and alcohol use, diet, other medications, and family history of cancer were similar in the supplement and placebo groups.
The multivitamin provided around 100% of the daily value for most essential vitamins and minerals, with a few exceptions. It contained no iron, and for vitamins E and B12, the multivitamin provided significantly more than 100% of the daily value. For vitamin K, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and chromium, it provided significantly less than 100%. The supplement contained some additional nutrients, including lutein and lycopene.
Moderate multivitamin, less total cancer
Men taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overall than men in the placebo group.
There were no significant differences between the supplement and placebo groups in terms of specific cancer types, such as prostate and colorectal cancers. There were no significant differences in the risk of death due to cancer between the two groups.
The study multivitamin was similar to "common," moderate-dose products available in any supermarket or pharmacy. Given that past studies have suggested multivitamins may increase cancer risk, these findings are reassuring. However, according to lead study author Dr. J. Michael Gaziano, "It would be a big mistake for people to go out and take a multivitamin instead of quitting smoking or doing other things that we have a higher suspicion play a bigger role, like eating a good diet and getting exercise."
Keep this in mind as you consider our tips on creating your own cancer risk reduction plan:
- Be modest. Steer clear of mega-doses, and follow the American Cancer Society's advice: eat a balanced diet, and if you take a supplement, choose a balanced multivitamin that contains no more than 100% of the daily value of most nutrients.
- Seek the experts. A person's diet may get out of balance for a variety of reasons, such as illness, nutrient depletion or malabsorption caused by a drug, medical condition, food intolerance, or allergy. If this describes you, discuss your diet with your doctor or dietitian to identify specific nutrients that may be missing.
- Consider context. The study population was healthy, older males, most of whom don't smoke, and many of whom eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. If you smoke, are obese, or have additional risk factors for cancer, heart disease, or other chronic disease, these findings may not apply to you.
- Get bang for your buck. Regardless of whether you take a multivitamin, you can never go wrong by adopting basic cancer prevention strategies: avoid tobacco, drink alcohol modestly or not at all, move regularly, eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, use sunscreen consistently, and maintain a healthy body weight.
(JAMA 2012; 308:doi:10.1001/jama.2012.14641)Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question