- Product Images
- Product Videos
GNC Ultra Mega® Green Men’s
Sale Price: $22.49
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
Whole Food Enhanced Multivitamin
- 1,600 IU of vitamin D-3 for bone and colon health
- 8 premium superfood based blends
- B-vitamins for energy support
- Premium cell-protecting ingredients to support immunity
- Features premium superfood based blends including wholesome fruit, vegetable and greens blends. These nutrient-rich blends supply cell-protecting antioxidants that also support immune health
- Provides 1,600 IU of vitamin D-3. Emerging research suggests that adequate daily vitamin D intake may play a role in supporting colon and immune health.
- Enhanced with n•zimes®, a proprietary blend of digestive enzymes, with proven bioactivity. n•zimes® are active in both acidic environments of the stomach and the alkaline environment of the small intestine. Lab tests show that n•zimes® work throughout the digestive tract, contributing to a more complete digestion of nutrients. This superior formula helps promote protein, carbohydrate and fat digestion.
- Supplies essential B-vitamins that are important for cardiovascular health and the production of energy.
- Combines important nutrients with specialized herbs such as saw palmetto and pumpkin seed to support normal prostrate health. It also includes lutein and zeaxanthin to support eye health.
- Includes important minerals like zinc for normal reproductive function, copper which is involved in the production of cellular energy and chromium that plays an important role in normal glucose utilization.
- Time-release caplets provide a gradual release of vital nutrients.
GNC Guarantee If you are not 100% completely satisfied, return the unused portion of the product with your receipt to a GNC store within 30 days. Our trained sales staff will either refund your purchase price or, if you prefer, assist you in finding a replacement product to help you LIVE WELL.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take two caplets daily with food.
Serving Size 2 Caplets Servings Per Container 30 Amount Per Serving % DV Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 25.00 mg 6% Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) 5000.00 IU 100% Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500.00 mg 833% Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol D-3) 1600.00 IU 400% Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate) 30.00 IU 100% Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 25.00 mg 1667% Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 25.00 mg 1471% Niacin (as Niacinamide) 25.00 mg 125% Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 25.00 mg 1250% Folic Acid 400.00 mcg 100% Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 250.00 mcg 4167% Biotin 50.00 mcg 17% Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium d-Pantothenate) 25.00 mg 250% Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 50.00 mg 5% Iodine (as Potassium Iodide & Kelp) 150.00 mcg 100% Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 15.00 mg 100% Selenium (as L-selenomethioine) 200.00 mcg 286% Copper (as Copper Oxide & Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 2.00 mg 100% Manganese (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 2.00 mg 100% Chromium (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 120.00 mcg 100% Molybdenum (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 75.00 mcg 100% Greens Blend 360.00 mg ** Wheat Grass Juice Powder ** Barley Grass Juice Powder ** Alfalfa Juice Powder ** Kelp Powder ** Chlorella Powder ** Spirulina ** Antioxidant Blend 175.00 mg ** Bilberry Fruit Powder ** Green Tea Leaf Extract ** Pomegranate Fruit Extract ** Rosemary Leaf Extract ** Apple Fruit Skin Extract ** White Tea Leaf Extract ** Vegetable Blend 80.00 mg ** Spinach Powder ** Cauliflower Powder ** Broccoli Juice Powder ** Tomato Paste Powder ** Broccoli Sprouts ** Beet Root Powder ** Carrot root powder ** Fruit Blend 75.00 mg ** Cranberry Juice Powder ** Whole Apple Powder ** Blueberry Puree Powder ** Cherry Puree Powder ** Liver Health Blend 49.00 mg ** Artichoke Leaf Extract (Cynara scolymus) ** Milk Thistle Leaf Extract (Silybum marianum) ** n•Zimes™ Proprietary Blend 48.00 mg ** Lipase ** Protease 3.0 ** Protease 4.5 ** Protease 6.0 ** Glucoamylase ** Malt Diastase ** Cellulase ** Bromelain ** Amylase ** Papain ** Men's Health Blend 40.00 mg ** Pumpkin Seed Meal (Cucurbita pepo) ** Saw Palmetto Berries (Serenoa repens) ** Bean Blend 10.00 mg ** Black Bean Powder ** Kidney Bean Powder ** Garbanzo Bean Powder ** Fermented Soy Bean Powder ** CereCalase™ Proprietary Blend 2.00 mg ** Hemicellulase ** beta-Gluconase ** Phytase ** Digestive Enzyme Blend 1.00 mg ** Lipase ** Cellulase ** Protease ** Amylase ** Flax Seed Hull Extract 50.00 mg ** Para-Aminobenzoic Acid 50.00 mg ** Choline Bitartrate 25.00 mg ** Insitol 25.00 mg ** N-Acetyl L-Cysteine 15.00 mg ** Alpha-lipoic acid 10.00 mg ** L-Glutathione 5.00 mg ** Oat Bran Flour (Avena sativa) 5.00 mg ** Silica 1.00 mg ** Lutemax 2020™ Lutein 950.00 mcg ** Lycopene 950.00 mcg ** Boron (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 900.00 mcg ** Zeaxanthin (as Zeaxanthin Isomers) 190.00 mcg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Vegetable Acetoglycerides, Titanium Dioxide (Natural Mineral Whitener), Chlorophyll
No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Dairy.
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place.
Warning: Consult your physician prior to using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery.
Keep out of reach of children.
CONTAINS: Soybeans and Wheat
Distributed by: General Nutrition Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
- Health Notes
Multivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMultivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMen taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overallMany Westerners are concerned that they may not be getting all the nutrients they need everyday for optimal health, which has made multivitamins a popular choice for many people. Study results on multivitamins often conflict, with some showing benefits, and others finding either no benefit or even potential harm. Now, much-anticipated results from a large, randomized, controlled trial of multivitamins have been released, and this one falls on the side of benefit, showing a modest but significant decrease in cancer occurrence for men who take a basic, daily multivitamin.
The ideal study population
Researchers randomly selected 14,641 male physicians to receive a daily multivitamin-mineral supplement or placebo for approximately 11 years. The physicians were 50 years or older, and 9% had a previous history of cancer. Other factors, including age, height and weight, tobacco and alcohol use, diet, other medications, and family history of cancer were similar in the supplement and placebo groups.
The multivitamin provided around 100% of the daily value for most essential vitamins and minerals, with a few exceptions. It contained no iron, and for vitamins E and B12, the multivitamin provided significantly more than 100% of the daily value. For vitamin K, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and chromium, it provided significantly less than 100%. The supplement contained some additional nutrients, including lutein and lycopene.
Moderate multivitamin, less total cancer
Men taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overall than men in the placebo group.
There were no significant differences between the supplement and placebo groups in terms of specific cancer types, such as prostate and colorectal cancers. There were no significant differences in the risk of death due to cancer between the two groups.
The study multivitamin was similar to "common," moderate-dose products available in any supermarket or pharmacy. Given that past studies have suggested multivitamins may increase cancer risk, these findings are reassuring. However, according to lead study author Dr. J. Michael Gaziano, "It would be a big mistake for people to go out and take a multivitamin instead of quitting smoking or doing other things that we have a higher suspicion play a bigger role, like eating a good diet and getting exercise."
Keep this in mind as you consider our tips on creating your own cancer risk reduction plan:
- Be modest. Steer clear of mega-doses, and follow the American Cancer Society's advice: eat a balanced diet, and if you take a supplement, choose a balanced multivitamin that contains no more than 100% of the daily value of most nutrients.
- Seek the experts. A person's diet may get out of balance for a variety of reasons, such as illness, nutrient depletion or malabsorption caused by a drug, medical condition, food intolerance, or allergy. If this describes you, discuss your diet with your doctor or dietitian to identify specific nutrients that may be missing.
- Consider context. The study population was healthy, older males, most of whom don't smoke, and many of whom eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. If you smoke, are obese, or have additional risk factors for cancer, heart disease, or other chronic disease, these findings may not apply to you.
- Get bang for your buck. Regardless of whether you take a multivitamin, you can never go wrong by adopting basic cancer prevention strategies: avoid tobacco, drink alcohol modestly or not at all, move regularly, eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, use sunscreen consistently, and maintain a healthy body weight.
(JAMA 2012; 308:doi:10.1001/jama.2012.14641)Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about GNC Ultra Mega® Green Men’s:
I use it everyday. The sore waist could be alleviated. Also, I can keep better spirit. I can't have the same effectiveness with other brands' multi vitamin.
- Ask A Question