Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
GNC Ultra Mega® Green Men's 50 Plus
GNC Ultra Mega® Green Men's 50 Plus60 Caplets
$2.99 Flat Rate Shipping! Details
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
GNC Ultra Mega® Green Men's 50 Plus offers a superior blend of greens, fruits, vegetables, antioxidants and enzymes to help support good health. This nutrient-dense whole food multivitamin enhanced formula has been designed to supply essential nutrients to support healthy aging.*
- Provides 1,600 IU of vitamin D-3. Emerging research suggests that adequate daily vitamin D intake may play a role in supporting colon and immune health.*
- Features eight wholesome fruit , vegetables and green blends. These nutrient-rich blends supply cell-protecting antioxidants nutrients that also support immune health.*
- Enhanced with n-zimes®, a proprietary blend of digestive enzymes, with proven bioactivity. n-zimes® are active in both acidic environments of the stomach and the alkaline environment of the small intestine. Lab tests show that n-zimes® work throughout the digestive tract, contributing to a more complete digestion of nutrients.* This superior formula helps promote protein, carbohydrate and fat digestion.*
- Includes a healthy aging antioxidant blend full of powerful antioxidants including resveratol that help neutralize free radical damage to help neutralize free radical damage to help protect healthy DNA, cells and tissues.*
- Supplies a heart health blend and essential B-vitamins that play a vital role in the maintenance of normal homocysteine levels.* Homocysteine levels are a recognized marker for cardiovascular health. It also contains calcium and folic acid which may help maintain healthy blood pressure already with normal range and lycopene to support cardiovascular health.*
- Combines a important nutrients with herbs such as saw palmetto, pygeum and pumpkin seedto support normal prostate health.* It also includes lutein and zeaxanthin to support eye health.*
- Time-release caplets provide a gradual release of vital nutrients.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take two caplets daily with food.
Serving Size 2 Caplets Servings Per Container 30 Amount Per Serving % DV Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 25.00 mg 6% Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 60.00 mg 6% Iodine (as Potassium Iodide & Kelp) 150.00 mcg 100% Zinc (as zinc oxide) 15.00 mg 100% Selenium (as L-selenomethionine) 200.00 mcg 286% Copper (as Cupric Oxide & Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 2.00 mg 100% Manganese (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 2.00 mg 100% Chromium (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 120.00 mcg 100% Molybdenum (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 75.00 mcg 100% Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) 5000.00 IU 100% Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500.00 mg 833% Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol D-3) 1600.00 IU 400% Vitamin E (as Natural d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 30.00 IU 100% Thiamin (Vitamin B-1)(as Thiamin Mononitrate) 25.00 mg 1667% Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 25.00 mg 1471% Niacin (as niacinamide) 25.00 mg 125% Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25.00 mg 1250% Folic Acid 400.00 mcg 100% Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 250.00 mcg 4167% Biotin 50.00 mcg 17% Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium d-Pantothenate) 25.00 mg 250% Greens Blend 360.00 mg ** Barley Grass Powder (Hordeum vulgare) Alfalfa Juice Powder (Medicago sativa) Chlorella Powder (Chlorella vulgaris) ** Spirulina Powder (Spirulina platensis) Kelp Powder (Ascophyllum nodosum) Wheat Grass Juice Powder (Triticum aestivum) ** Healthy Aging Antioxidant Blend 100.00 mg ** Green Tea Leves Extract (Camellia sinensis) Elderberry Fruit Powder (Sambucus nigra)Bilberry Fruit Powder(Vaccinium myrtullus) ** Turmeric Root Extract (Curcuma longa) Quercetin Dihydrate Resveratrol (from Polygonum cuspidatum Root Extract) ** Heart Health Blend 100.00 mg ** Flax Seed Oil Powder (Linum usitatissimum) Borage Oil Powder (Borage officinalis) Safflower Oil Powder (Carthamus tinctorius) ** Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) Oat Bran Flour (Avena sativa) Hawthorn Leaf & Flower Extract (Crataegus laevigata) ** Vegetable Blend 80.00 mg ** Spinach Powder ** Cauliflower Powder ** Broccoli Juice Powder ** Tomato Paste Powder ** Broccoli Sprouts ** Beet Root Powder ** Carrot root powder ** Fruit Blend 75.00 mg ** Cranberry Juice Powder ** Whole Apple Powder ** Blueberry Puree Powder ** Cherry Puree Powder ** Liver Health Blend GNC 49.00 mg ** Artichoke Leaf Extract (Cynara scolymus) Milk Thistle Leaf Extract (Silybum marianum) ** n-zimes® Proprietary Blend 48.00 mg ** Amylase Protease 4.5 Lipase Glucoamylase Protease 3.0 Bromelain Protease 6.0 Papain Cellulase Malt diastase ** Bean Blend 10.00 mg ** Black Bean Powder ** Kidney Bean Powder ** Garbanzo Bean Powder ** Fermented Soy Bean Powder ** Prostate Blend GNC 120.00 mg ** Pygeum Bark Powder (Pygeum africanum) Pumpkin Seed Meal (Cucurbita pepo) Saw Palmetto Berries (Serenoa repens) ** Para-Aminobenzoic Acid 50.00 mg ** Choline Bitartrate 25.00 mg ** Inositol 25.00 mg ** N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 15.00 mg ** Alpha Lipoic Acid 10.00 mg ** L-Glutathione 5.00 mg ** Lutemax 2020™ Lutein 4.00 mg ** CereCalase® Proprietary Blend 2.00 mg ** Hemicellulase beta-gluconase Phytase ** Digestive Enzyme Blend GNC 1.00 mg ** Amylase Cellulase Protease Lipase ** Boron (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 900.00 mcg ** Silica 1.00 mg ** Lycopene 1.00 mg ** Zeaxanthin (as Zeaxanthin Isomers) 800.00 mcg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Contains: Soybeans and Wheat Distributed by General Nutrition Corporation Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Health Notes
Multivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMultivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMen taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overallMany Westerners are concerned that they may not be getting all the nutrients they need everyday for optimal health, which has made multivitamins a popular choice for many people. Study results on multivitamins often conflict, with some showing benefits, and others finding either no benefit or even potential harm. Now, much-anticipated results from a large, randomized, controlled trial of multivitamins have been released, and this one falls on the side of benefit, showing a modest but significant decrease in cancer occurrence for men who take a basic, daily multivitamin.
The ideal study population
Researchers randomly selected 14,641 male physicians to receive a daily multivitamin-mineral supplement or placebo for approximately 11 years. The physicians were 50 years or older, and 9% had a previous history of cancer. Other factors, including age, height and weight, tobacco and alcohol use, diet, other medications, and family history of cancer were similar in the supplement and placebo groups.
The multivitamin provided around 100% of the daily value for most essential vitamins and minerals, with a few exceptions. It contained no iron, and for vitamins E and B12, the multivitamin provided significantly more than 100% of the daily value. For vitamin K, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and chromium, it provided significantly less than 100%. The supplement contained some additional nutrients, including lutein and lycopene.
Moderate multivitamin, less total cancer
Men taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overall than men in the placebo group.
There were no significant differences between the supplement and placebo groups in terms of specific cancer types, such as prostate and colorectal cancers. There were no significant differences in the risk of death due to cancer between the two groups.
The study multivitamin was similar to "common," moderate-dose products available in any supermarket or pharmacy. Given that past studies have suggested multivitamins may increase cancer risk, these findings are reassuring. However, according to lead study author Dr. J. Michael Gaziano, "It would be a big mistake for people to go out and take a multivitamin instead of quitting smoking or doing other things that we have a higher suspicion play a bigger role, like eating a good diet and getting exercise."
Keep this in mind as you consider our tips on creating your own cancer risk reduction plan:
- Be modest. Steer clear of mega-doses, and follow the American Cancer Society's advice: eat a balanced diet, and if you take a supplement, choose a balanced multivitamin that contains no more than 100% of the daily value of most nutrients.
- Seek the experts. A person's diet may get out of balance for a variety of reasons, such as illness, nutrient depletion or malabsorption caused by a drug, medical condition, food intolerance, or allergy. If this describes you, discuss your diet with your doctor or dietitian to identify specific nutrients that may be missing.
- Consider context. The study population was healthy, older males, most of whom don't smoke, and many of whom eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. If you smoke, are obese, or have additional risk factors for cancer, heart disease, or other chronic disease, these findings may not apply to you.
- Get bang for your buck. Regardless of whether you take a multivitamin, you can never go wrong by adopting basic cancer prevention strategies: avoid tobacco, drink alcohol modestly or not at all, move regularly, eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, use sunscreen consistently, and maintain a healthy body weight.
(JAMA 2012; 308:doi:10.1001/jama.2012.14641)Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
- Ask A Question
PEOPLE WHO BUY THIS ALSO BUY:
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Regular Price: $44.99
- Sale Price: $35.99Member Price: $28.79 Become a Member