Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
GNC Ultra Mega® Green Women's
GNC Ultra Mega® Green Women's30 pack(s)
Price: was $49.99 Now $45.99
2 Vitapaks for $65.83. Add 2 to cart for discount. Details
Free Membership with $10 Purchase! DetailsSee all available promotions
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
WHOLE FOOD ENHANCED VITAPAK® PROGRAM FOR WOMEN
- Green foods multivitamin formula with 2,000 IU of vitamin D-3
- Strengthens bones with 650 mg of calcium and clinically proven MBP®
- Supports heart health with high potency Omega Complex
- Supports metabolism with green tea and urinary tract health with cranberry.
- Ultra Mega® Green Women's Multivitamin - A green foods multivitamin designed specifically for women. This formula provides a superior blend of vitamins and minerals combined with essential antioxidants, enzymes, and phytonutrients found in green foods to help women achieve optimal health. It also provides 1,600 IU of vitamin D-3 to support breast and bone health. This premium multivitamin formula also includes a B vitamin complex to support energy production, as well as antioxidants for protection from harmful free radicals that can destroy healthy cells.
- Calcium & Vitamins D with MBP® - A premium bone formula featuring 600 mg of calcium, 400 IU of vitamin D-3 and 40 mg of clinically studied MBP.® Calcium is an important structural component of bone that helps maintain a healthy bone matrix. Vitamin D enhances calcium absorption. Emerging research indicates that adequate daily vitamin D intake may play a role in supporting breast, bone and immune health. Additional research indicates that MBP® supports the body's natural ability to build and maintain bone mass by supporting the body's bone building cells.
- Omega Complex - A healthy blend of omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids per daily serving. This blend includes EPA and DHA, essential omega-3 fatty acids known to support brain and joint health. Daily supplementation of omega-3 fatty acids also provides numerous heart-health benefits. They help to maintain healthy cholesterol levels and are necessary in the maintenance of normal blood pressure. Consumption of omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. The FDA evaluated the data and determined that, although there is scientific evidence supporting the claim, the evidence is not conclusive.
- Standardized Green Tea - Each pack supplies 125 mg of EGCG, a major active component of green tea that supports metabolism and an antioxidant that can promote cell health by helping fight off free radicals.
- Cranberry Supreme - Supplies 500 mg of cranberry to support a healthy urinary tract
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take contents of one pack daily with food.
Serving Size 1 pack(s) Servings Per Container 30
- Health Notes
Multivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMultivitamins May Protect Men Against CancerMen taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overallMany Westerners are concerned that they may not be getting all the nutrients they need everyday for optimal health, which has made multivitamins a popular choice for many people. Study results on multivitamins often conflict, with some showing benefits, and others finding either no benefit or even potential harm. Now, much-anticipated results from a large, randomized, controlled trial of multivitamins have been released, and this one falls on the side of benefit, showing a modest but significant decrease in cancer occurrence for men who take a basic, daily multivitamin.
The ideal study population
Researchers randomly selected 14,641 male physicians to receive a daily multivitamin-mineral supplement or placebo for approximately 11 years. The physicians were 50 years or older, and 9% had a previous history of cancer. Other factors, including age, height and weight, tobacco and alcohol use, diet, other medications, and family history of cancer were similar in the supplement and placebo groups.
The multivitamin provided around 100% of the daily value for most essential vitamins and minerals, with a few exceptions. It contained no iron, and for vitamins E and B12, the multivitamin provided significantly more than 100% of the daily value. For vitamin K, biotin, calcium, magnesium, and chromium, it provided significantly less than 100%. The supplement contained some additional nutrients, including lutein and lycopene.
Moderate multivitamin, less total cancer
Men taking the multivitamin were diagnosed with 8% fewer cancers overall than men in the placebo group.
There were no significant differences between the supplement and placebo groups in terms of specific cancer types, such as prostate and colorectal cancers. There were no significant differences in the risk of death due to cancer between the two groups.
The study multivitamin was similar to "common," moderate-dose products available in any supermarket or pharmacy. Given that past studies have suggested multivitamins may increase cancer risk, these findings are reassuring. However, according to lead study author Dr. J. Michael Gaziano, "It would be a big mistake for people to go out and take a multivitamin instead of quitting smoking or doing other things that we have a higher suspicion play a bigger role, like eating a good diet and getting exercise."
Keep this in mind as you consider our tips on creating your own cancer risk reduction plan:
- Be modest. Steer clear of mega-doses, and follow the American Cancer Society's advice: eat a balanced diet, and if you take a supplement, choose a balanced multivitamin that contains no more than 100% of the daily value of most nutrients.
- Seek the experts. A person's diet may get out of balance for a variety of reasons, such as illness, nutrient depletion or malabsorption caused by a drug, medical condition, food intolerance, or allergy. If this describes you, discuss your diet with your doctor or dietitian to identify specific nutrients that may be missing.
- Consider context. The study population was healthy, older males, most of whom don't smoke, and many of whom eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. If you smoke, are obese, or have additional risk factors for cancer, heart disease, or other chronic disease, these findings may not apply to you.
- Get bang for your buck. Regardless of whether you take a multivitamin, you can never go wrong by adopting basic cancer prevention strategies: avoid tobacco, drink alcohol modestly or not at all, move regularly, eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, use sunscreen consistently, and maintain a healthy body weight.
(JAMA 2012; 308:doi:10.1001/jama.2012.14641)Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Good Value
- Daily Use
Comments about GNC Ultra Mega® Green Women's:
I've been taking GNC vitamins for a couple of years... Started because of knee pain after my 5K training & runs. After a month I was sold on the joint vitamins because my knee pain was non-existent! I have recently started the Women's Green multi-pak. This is the first Winter of my life that I have had NO SICKNESS... No flu...no scratchy throat...not even the sniffles! I am a believer! And NO I did not get a flu shot. Never have. :)
- My Beauty Routine Takes:
- 30 Minutes
- Ask A Question