Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
BSN® SYNTHA-6™ ISOLATE – Chocolate Milkshake
Sale Price: $61.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
100% Protein Isolate Matrix
- Calories Per Serving – 140 Calories
- Protein Per Serving – 25 Grams
- Naturally Occurring EAAs Per Serving – 10 Grams
- Multi-Functional Ultra-Premium Protein ISOLATE Matrix
- Fast & Slow Release Proteins for a Moderate Release of Amino Acids
- Whey Protein Isolate
- Milk Protein Isolate (~80% CASEIN & ~20% WHEY Isolate)
- BCAAs and other Essential and Non-Essential Amino Acids
- EFAs & Fiber Blend (Inulin & Polydextrose)
- Same Great SYNTHA-6™ Milkshake Taste and Texture
Contents sold by weight not volume. Powder density may result in slight variations in scoop serving size.
This product has been distributed by a NSF Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Registered facility.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Scoop Servings Per Container 48 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 140.00 Calories from Fat 15.00 Total Fat 1.50 g 2% Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3% Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 15.00 mg 5% Sodium 190.00 mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 7.00 g 2% Dietary Fiber 2.00 g 8% Sugars 1.00 g Protein 25.00 g 50% Calcium 0.00 20% Iron 0.00 4% Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cocoa processed with Alkali, Fiber Blend (Inulin, Polydextrose), Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono & Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate,, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Ascorbic Acid
Storage Instructions: Store in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Developed By & Manufactured Exclusively For: Bio-Engineered Supplements & Nutrition, Inc., Boca Raton, FL 33487. Made in the USA. This product contains ingredients of international and domestic origin.
- Health Notes
The Bright Side of Dark ChocolateThe Bright Side of Dark ChocolateResearchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on cognitive and vision testsChocolate is no longer considered a diet-busting indulgence-as long as it's the dark variety. Studies have shown heart health benefits and now we can add better vision and clearer thinking to the list of advantages we may gain by enjoying this favorite treat (in moderation).
Capturing chocolate's benefits
Researchers invited 30 healthy, college students to participate in a study to examine the effects of chocolate on vision and thinking (cognitive) abilities. For the first portion of the study, half of the participants ate a single serving of dark chocolate, while the other half ate white chocolate. For the second portion of the study, the groups switched to the other type of chocolate, and for one week in between, participants ate no chocolate at all.
Everyone in the study completed tests of visual function and thinking ability approximately two hours after eating 35 grams (1.25 ounces) of dark or white chocolate. The researchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on these tests than those eating white chocolate:
- Contrast sensitivity: The ability to distinguish an object from its background
- Visual motion detection: The ability to determine the direction of motion of objects in an image
- Spatial memory: The ability to remember types and arrangements of shapes in an image, specific features of your physical environment, and where you are within that environment
- Reaction time: Tested by how quickly a person could press one of three buttons on a computer keyboard in response to letters or numbers that appeared on the screen
Why color matters
Dark chocolate contains dozens of nutrients called flavonols and health experts theorize that dark chocolate improves brain function because flavonols improve blood flow to the brain. This study supports this hypothesis: that improvements in visual and thinking ability after eating dark chocolate indicate this food may improve brain function. White chocolate does not contain these healthful nutrients.
These tips for enjoying dark chocolate just may give your brain that extra edge to power through the toughest mental tasks, without expanding your waistline.
- Stick to chocolate that is 60% (or greater) cocoa. Skip the candy bars. Dark chocolate, not milk chocolate, is a source of healthful flavonols.
- Exercise portion control. 1 or 2 ounces of chocolate-just a few squares-is enough to reap potential health benefits of this food. Smaller portions will help you avoid overdoing it and gaining weight.
- Drink up. Dark chocolate cocoa, which you can make at home with pure dark cocoa powder, a teaspoon of sugar, and skim, soy, rice, or almond milk, offers another way to get this healthy treat into your diet when the temperatures drop.
- Feast on flavonols. If you want additional (or alternative) low-calorie options for boosting flavonols in your diet, try yellow onions, scallions, kale, broccoli, apples, berries, and green and black tea, all of which contain similar nutrients to those found in dark chocolate.
(Physiol Behav 2011; 103:255-60)
Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Builds Muscle
- Good Value
- Isolates Muscles
- Tastes Good
- Tastes Great
- After Workout
Comments about BSN® SYNTHA-6™ ISOLATE – Chocolate Milkshake:
I purchased this product, and I already notice the amazong definition it gives with just 2 weeks of taking this protein!
- Ask A Question