- Product Images
- Product Videos
MusclePharm® CLA Core™
Sale Price: $21.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
Supports healthy body composition.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Increases metabolic rate.
- Reduces body fat.
MusclePharm® CLA Core™ is a naturally-occurring fatty acid found in meat, diary, and safflower oil. Research suggests that this may help to reduce body fat and increase lean muscle by reducing fat cells' ability to accumulate fat. MusclePharm® CLA Core™ is the highest quality, purity-and potency-conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA) available. It's formulated to fit the fat-reducing, lean-muscle maintenance needs of an individual.*
*When used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise program.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, consume 1-2 CLA Core™ softgels with morning, noon, and evening meals or use as directed by a physician or licensed nutritionist.
Serving Size 1 softgels Servings Per Container 90 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 9.00 Total Fat 1.00 g 2% CLA Core™ Blend 1000.00 mg ** Conjugated Linoleic Acids Extra Virgin Olive Oil Avocado Oil ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
EXCLUSIVELY DEVELOPED & MANUFACTURED FOR: MUSCLEPHARM® CORP. 4721 Ironton St. Bldg. A Denver, CO 80239 USAMADE IN A cGMP CERTIFIED FACILITY
- Health Notes
Conjugated Linoleic AcidConjugated Linoleic AcidThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:ObesityDose: 3.2 to 4.2 grams dailyThough the evidence is conflicting, some studies have shown CLA to be effective at helping people lose body fat. (more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsConjugated linoleic acid may play a role in reducing body fat. Research has reported that CLA supplementation produces minor gains in muscle size and strength in weight-training men.(more)Prostate CancerDose: Refer to label instructionsPreliminary research suggests that CLA might reduce the risk of cancers at several sites, including breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, skin, and stomach.(more)Breast CancerDose: Refer to label instructionsPreliminary research suggests that CLA might reduce breast cancer risk.(more)ObesityDose: 3.2 to 4.2 grams dailyA double-blind trial found that exercising individuals taking 1,800 mg per day of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) lost more body fat after 12 weeks than did a similar group taking a placebo.1 However, two other studies found that amounts of CLA from 0.7 to 3.0 grams per day did not affect body composition.2, 3 Most double-blind trials have found that larger amounts of CLA, 3.2 to 4.2 grams per day, do reduce body fat;4, 5, 6, 7 however, one double-blind study of experienced strength-training athletes reported no effect of 6 grams per day of CLA on body fat, muscle mass, or strength improvement.8References
1. Thom E, Wadstein J, Gudmundsen O. Conjugated linoleic acid reduces body fat in healthy exercising humans. J Int Med Res 2001;29:392-6.
2. Mougios V, Matsakas A, Petridou A, et al. Effect of supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid on human serum lipids and body fat. J Nutr Biochem 2001;12:585-94.
3. Zambell KL, Keim NL, Van Loan MD, et al. Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation in humans: effects on body composition and energy expenditure. Lipids 2000;35:777-82.
4. Riserus U, Berglund L, Vessby B. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduced abdominal adipose tissue in obese middle-aged men with signs of the metabolic syndrome: a randomised controlled trial. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2001;25:1129-35.
5. Smedman A, Vessby B. Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation in humans-metabolic effects. Lipids 2001;36:773-81.
6. Blankson H, Stakkestad JA, Fagertun H, et al. Conjugated linoleic acid reduces body fat mass in overweight and obese humans. J Nutr 2000;130:2943-8.
7. Whigham LD, Watras AC, Schoeller DA. Efficacy of conjugated linoleic acid for reducing fat mass: a meta-analysis in humans. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;85:1203-11.
8. Kreider RB, Ferreira MP, Greenwood M, et al. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation during resistance training on body composition, bone density, strength, and selected hematological markers. J Strength Cond Res 2002;16:325-34.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructions
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a slightly altered form of the essential fatty acid linoleic acid. Animal research suggests an effect of CLA supplementation on reducing body fat.1, 2 Controlled human research has reported that 5.6 to 7.2 grams per day of CLA produces only non-significant gains in muscle size and strength in experienced and inexperienced weight-training men.3, 4, 5 A double-blind study of a group of trained men and women reported reduced body fat in the upper arm after 12 weeks of supplementation with 1.8 grams per day of CLA.6 Further research using more accurate techniques for measuring body composition is needed to confirm these findings.References
1. West DB, Delany JP, Camet PM, et al. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid on body fat and energy metabolism in the mouse. Am J Physiol 1998;275:R667-72.
2. Park Y, Albright KJ, Liu W, et al. Effect of conjugated linoleic acid on body composition in mice. Lipids 1997;32:853-8.
3. Ferreira M, Krieder R, Wilson M. Effects of CLA supplementation during resistance training on body composition and strength. J Strength Conditioning Res 1998;11:280.
4. Kreider RB, Ferreira MP, Greenwood M, et al. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation during resistance training on body composition, bone density, strength, and selected hematological markers. J Strength Cond Res 2002;16:325-34.
5. Lowery LM, Appicelli PA, Lemon PWR. Conjugated linoleic acid enhances muscle size and strength gains in novice bodybuilders. Med Sci Sport Excer 1998;30:S182 [abstract]
6. Thom E, Wadstein J, Gudmundsen O. Conjugated linoleic acid reduces body fat in healthy exercising humans. J Int Med Res 2001;29:392-6.Prostate CancerDose: Refer to label instructionsPreliminary animal and test tube research suggests that conjugated linoleic acid might reduce the risk of cancers at several sites, including breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, skin, and stomach.1, 2, 3, 4References
1. Cesano A, Visonneau S, Scimeca JA, et al. Opposite effects of linoleic acid and conjugated linoleic acid on human prostatic cancer in SCID mice. Anticancer Res 1998;18:1429-34.
2. Thompson H, Zhu Z, Banni S, et al. Morphological and biochemical status of the mammary gland as influenced by conjugated linoleic acid: implication for a reduction in mammary cancer risk. Cancer Res 1997;57:5067-72.
3. Ip C. Review of the effects of trans fatty acids, oleic acid, n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, and conjugated linoleic acid on mammary carcinogenesis in animals. Am J Clin Nutr 1997;66(suppl):1523S-29S [review].
4. Parodi PW. Cows' milk fat components as potential anticarcinogenic agents. J Nutr 1997;127:1055-60 [review].Breast CancerDose: Refer to label instructions
Preliminary animal and test tube research suggests that CLA might reduce the risk of cancers at several sites, including breast, prostate, colorectal, lung, skin, and stomach.1, 2, 3, 4 Whether CLA will have a similar protective effect for people has yet to be demonstrated in human research.
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a slightly altered form of the essential fatty acid linoleic acid.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- I Am On My Second Bottle
- Everyday Use
- With Meals
Comments about MusclePharm® CLA Core™:
I am on my second bottle. I have problems with bloating and stomach fat. If you stay on it, it will help with tummy fat. I have used other brands in the past and I find this brand to be a good brand of CLA.
- Easy To Take
- Good Value
- Everyday Use
- Weight Loss
Comments about MusclePharm® CLA Core™:
I am a big fan of this product!
1. It's clinically-proven to help decrease bodyfat %
2. It's easy to supplement
3. It's all natural
1. Can be a bit pricey compared to competition, but it is quality that I am paying for, hands down!
- Ask A Question