Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
MusclePharm® Combat Powder® - Chocolate Peanut Butter
Sale Price: $32.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
QTY: 120 Capsules
Sale Price: $32.97
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
ADVANCED TIME RELEASE PROTEIN
- Fast, Medium, and Slow-Releasing Proteins
- Added Digestive Blend for Ease of Absorption
- 5 Powerful Proteins Plus Added BCAA's
- Extra Glutamine
- Added Dietary Fiber
- WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE – Highest available yield of protein, gram for gram, of any whey protein source, WPI absorbs quickly into the muscle tissues, and has immune-boosting properties to protect the body system during periods of intense training.
- PARTIALLY HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN – Hydrolyzed whey is protein that's been broken down into fast- absorbing peptides. The fastest absorbing of all forms of whey, hydrolyzed whey hits the bloodstream first, providing a rapid infusion of muscle-building amino acids.
- MICELLAR CASEIN – very slow-digesting, micellar casein has the capability of slowly infusing amino acids over several hours, protecting muscle tissue from breakdown over time. There is no substitute for the anti-catabolic effects of micellar casein.
- WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE – closer to the whole food sources than other whey proteins, concentrate contains real food subfractions such as alpha-lactoglobulins and lactoferrins, with specific immune-boosting and muscle-building properties.
- EGG ALBUMEN – highly bio-available and well-tolerated by most individuals, egg albumen has a high BCAA content and arginine. Egg albumen is a powerful contributor to hormone production and the muscle-building process.
Digestive enzymes break down food along the digestive tract so that nutrients can be absorbed into the bloodstream. COMBAT contains 60mg of a Digestive Enzyme Blend to aid in the digestion and absorption of the key muscle-building proteins contained herein. The body cannot absorb what it cannot break down. The added Digestive Enzyme Blend ensures maximum utilization of COMBAT's muscle-building protein component.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 to 2 scoops of COMBAT POWDER® with 8-12 fl oz of cold water. Vary the amount of water to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal muscle growth.
FOR MEN: As a dietary supplement, mix 2 scoops (providing 48 grams of protein) with 8-12 fl oz of cold water or any beverage you prefer. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal muscle growth. To increase your protein intake per serving and achieve a delicious milkshake taste, use skim or low fat milk instead of water.
FOR WOMEN: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop (providing 24 grams of protein) with 4-6 fl oz of cold water or any beverage you prefer. Vary the amount of water to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal body shaping requirements. To increase your protein intake per serving and achieve a delicious milkshake taste, use skim or low fat milk instead of water.
Serving Size 1 Scoop Servings Per Container 26 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 15.00 Saturated Fat 1.00 g 5% Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 80.00 mg 27% Sodium 150.00 mg 6% Potassium 200.00 mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 5.00 g 2% Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4% Protein 25.00 g 50% Calories 130.00 Calcium 0.00 0% Iron 0.00 0% Total Fat 1.50 g 2% Sugars 2.00 g Multi-Level Amino Acid Growth Matrix 33.00 g ** Combat Powder™ Proprietary Time Release System 0.00 ** Micro Filtered Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate Whey Protein Isolate Whey Protein Hydroslate) Micellar Casein ** Egg White Albumen L-Glutamine L-Leucine L-Valine L-Isoleucine; Also Provides Alanine Lysine Arginine Glycine Histidine ** Tyrosine Cystine Methionine Phenylalanine Proline Serine Aspartic Acid Threonine Tryptophan* ** Digestive Enzyme Blend 0.00 ** Protease Lactase ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Chocolate Powder, Inulin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Citrate
Storage Instructions: Due to the amount of active ingredients in this product, shake weekly and before use to ensure proper ingredient mixture and effectivness per dose.
**Packed by weight, not by volume. Settling of product occurs after filling. Do not use if tamper evident security feature is broken or missing. Exposure to heat, light or air can affect flavor or aroma; therefore keep out of direct light or heat and store in a cool dark place. Keep sealed when not in use.
Warning: This product is intended as a dietary supplement only. Do not use as a sole source of nutrition. Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
This Product Contains Milk And Soy. This Product Was Produced In A Facility That May Also Process Ingredients Containing Milk, Egg, Soybeans, Shellfish, Fish, Tree Nuts, And Peanuts.
MusclePharm® 4721 Ironton St. Denver, CO 80239 USA
- Health Notes
The Bright Side of Dark ChocolateThe Bright Side of Dark ChocolateResearchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on cognitive and vision testsChocolate is no longer considered a diet-busting indulgence-as long as it's the dark variety. Studies have shown heart health benefits and now we can add better vision and clearer thinking to the list of advantages we may gain by enjoying this favorite treat (in moderation).
Capturing chocolate's benefits
Researchers invited 30 healthy, college students to participate in a study to examine the effects of chocolate on vision and thinking (cognitive) abilities. For the first portion of the study, half of the participants ate a single serving of dark chocolate, while the other half ate white chocolate. For the second portion of the study, the groups switched to the other type of chocolate, and for one week in between, participants ate no chocolate at all.
Everyone in the study completed tests of visual function and thinking ability approximately two hours after eating 35 grams (1.25 ounces) of dark or white chocolate. The researchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on these tests than those eating white chocolate:
- Contrast sensitivity: The ability to distinguish an object from its background
- Visual motion detection: The ability to determine the direction of motion of objects in an image
- Spatial memory: The ability to remember types and arrangements of shapes in an image, specific features of your physical environment, and where you are within that environment
- Reaction time: Tested by how quickly a person could press one of three buttons on a computer keyboard in response to letters or numbers that appeared on the screen
Why color matters
Dark chocolate contains dozens of nutrients called flavonols and health experts theorize that dark chocolate improves brain function because flavonols improve blood flow to the brain. This study supports this hypothesis: that improvements in visual and thinking ability after eating dark chocolate indicate this food may improve brain function. White chocolate does not contain these healthful nutrients.
These tips for enjoying dark chocolate just may give your brain that extra edge to power through the toughest mental tasks, without expanding your waistline.
- Stick to chocolate that is 60% (or greater) cocoa. Skip the candy bars. Dark chocolate, not milk chocolate, is a source of healthful flavonols.
- Exercise portion control. 1 or 2 ounces of chocolate-just a few squares-is enough to reap potential health benefits of this food. Smaller portions will help you avoid overdoing it and gaining weight.
- Drink up. Dark chocolate cocoa, which you can make at home with pure dark cocoa powder, a teaspoon of sugar, and skim, soy, rice, or almond milk, offers another way to get this healthy treat into your diet when the temperatures drop.
- Feast on flavonols. If you want additional (or alternative) low-calorie options for boosting flavonols in your diet, try yellow onions, scallions, kale, broccoli, apples, berries, and green and black tea, all of which contain similar nutrients to those found in dark chocolate.
(Physiol Behav 2011; 103:255-60)
Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Boosts Energy
- Builds Muscle
- Quickens Recovery Time
- Tastes Good
- After Workout
- During Recovery
Comments about MusclePharm® Combat Powder® - Chocolate Peanut Butter:
I use Combat Powder everyday at lunch time as a meal replacement. It mixes easily and tastes great! I am still a big fan of Dymatize Elite Gourmet, but this stuff will be my first choice from now on.
- Where did you hear about this product?:
- How many supplements do you use on a daily basis?:
- 3-5 Supplements Daily
- Which of the following is the most important to you?:
- Price, Quality
- Ask A Question