Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
MusclePharm® Combat Powder® - Banana Cream
Sale Price: $32.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
ADVANCED TIME RELEASE PROTEIN
- Fast, Medium, and Slow-Releasing Proteins
- Added Digestive Blend for Ease of Absorption
- 5 Powerful Proteins Plus Added BCAA's
- Extra Glutamine
- Added Dietary Fiber
- WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE – Highest available yield of protein, gram for gram, of any whey protein source, WPI absorbs quickly into the muscle tissues, and has immune-boosting properties to protect the body system during periods of intense training.
- PARTIALLY HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN – Hydrolyzed whey is protein that's been broken down into fast- absorbing peptides. The fastest absorbing of all forms of whey, hydrolyzed whey hits the bloodstream first, providing a rapid infusion of muscle-building amino acids.
- MICELLAR CASEIN – very slow-digesting, micellar casein has the capability of slowly infusing amino acids over several hours, protecting muscle tissue from breakdown over time. There is no substitute for the anti-catabolic effects of micellar casein.
- WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE – closer to the whole food sources than other whey proteins, concentrate contains real food subfractions such as alpha-lactoglobulins and lactoferrins, with specific immune-boosting and muscle-building properties.
- EGG ALBUMEN – highly bio-available and well-tolerated by most individuals, egg albumen has a high BCAA content and arginine. Egg albumen is a powerful contributor to hormone production and the muscle-building process.
Digestive enzymes break down food along the digestive tract so that nutrients can be absorbed into the bloodstream. COMBAT contains 60mg of a Digestive Enzyme Blend to aid in the digestion and absorption of the key muscle-building proteins contained herein. The body cannot absorb what it cannot break down. The added Digestive Enzyme Blend ensures maximum utilization of COMBAT's muscle-building protein component.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 to 2 scoops of COMBAT POWDER® with 8-12 fl oz of cold water. Vary the amount of water to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal muscle growth.
FOR MEN: As a dietary supplement, mix 2 scoops (providing 48 grams of protein) with 8-12 fl oz of cold water or any beverage you prefer. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal muscle growth. To increase your protein intake per serving and achieve a delicious milkshake taste, use skim or low fat milk instead of water.
FOR WOMEN: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop (providing 24 grams of protein) with 4-6 fl oz of cold water or any beverage you prefer. Vary the amount of water to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal body shaping requirements. To increase your protein intake per serving and achieve a delicious milkshake taste, use skim or low fat milk instead of water.
Serving Size 1 Scoop Servings Per Container 27 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 15.00 Saturated Fat 1.00 g 5% Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 80.00 mg 27% Sodium 140.00 mg 6% Potassium 200.00 mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 4.00 g 1% Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4% Protein 25.00 g 50% Calories 130.00 Calcium 0.00 12% Iron 0.00 2% Total Fat 1.50 g 2% Sugars 2.00 g Multi-Level Amino Acid Growth Matrix 33.00 g ** Combat Powder™ Proprietary Time Release System 0.00 ** Micro Filtered Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate Whey Protein Isolate Whey Protein Hydroslate) Micellar Casein ** Egg White Albumen L-Glutamine L-Leucine L-Valine L-Isoleucine; Also Provides Alanine Lysine Arginine Glycine Histidine ** Tyrosine Cystine Methionine Phenylalanine Proline Serine Aspartic Acid Threonine Tryptophan* ** Digestive Enzyme Blend 0.00 ** Protease Lactase ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Inulin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Citrate
MusclePharm® 4721 Ironton St. Denver, CO 80239 USA
- Health Notes
Prebiotic-Probiotic Combination Combats Kids' AsthmaPrebiotic-Probiotic Combination Combats Kids' AsthmaScientists have uncovered clues about how the gut might help the immune system halt allergic conditionsA nutritional supplement combining pre- and probiotics may help prevent asthma in children with atopic dermatitis, a type of eczema. In the first study of its kind, scientists have uncovered clues about how the health of the gut might affect immune system health to halt the progression of allergic conditions.
Itchy, wheezy, sneezy
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic, inflammatory, itching skin disorder that often starts during infancy. Up to 40% of children affected by atopic dermatitis will go on to develop asthma later in childhood.
The prevalence of allergic diseases (including atopic dermatitis, asthma, and allergic rhinitis) has increased over the past several decades. It's been suggested that changes in the intestinal flora-that is, the "good" bugs that reside on your insides-could be responsible for the observed jump in these conditions.
It starts in the gut
Probiotics like acidophilus are living microorganisms with beneficial effects in the gut and throughout the body. They can help
- boost immune function,
- increase resistance to infection,
- inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, and
- promote healthy digestion.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food ingredients, such as fructooligosaccharides, that provide fuel for probiotics to thrive on. Since pre- and probiotics work synergistically, together they are referred to as synbiotics.
Researchers from the Netherlands investigated the effect of a formula supplemented with synbiotics on 90 infants with atopic dermatitis. The aim of the study was to see if synbiotics could help prevent children with atopic dermatitis from developing asthma-like symptoms and the need for asthma medications.
- For 12 weeks, the babies were either given a hydrolyzed whey formula with the probiotic Bifidobacterium brevis and the prebiotics GOS (galactooligosaccharides) and FOS (fructooligosaccharides), or a placebo formula without the synbiotics.
- They underwent blood test for allergies, including those to cats, dogs, and dust mites at the beginning of the study and after one year.
- Parents kept tabs on their children's respiratory symptoms and reported them to the investigators.
Of the 75 children who completed the study, children in the synbiotic group were 20% less likely to have frequent wheezing and 28% less likely to have wheezing and/or noisy breathing during the follow up period than were children in the placebo group. Babies who received the synbiotic-enriched formula were also much less likely to have to start taking asthma medications. Over the course of the study, 15% of children in the placebo group developed an allergy to cats, whereas none of the children in the synbiotic group did.
"These results suggest that this synbiotic mixture prevents asthma-like symptoms," said lead author of the study, Leontien B. van der Aa of Emma Children's Hospital in Amsterdam. "The infants that were included in our study will be followed up to age five to six, when they are old enough to determine whether this synbiotic mixture also prevents the development of asthma."
(Allergy 2011;66:170-7)Kimberly Beauchamp, ND, received her doctoral degree from Bastyr University, the nation's premier academic institution for science-based natural medicine. She co-founded South County Naturopaths in Wakefield, RI, where she practiced whole family care with an emphasis on nutritional counseling, herbal medicine, detoxification, and food allergy identification and treatment. Her blog, Eat Happy, helps take the drama out of healthy eating with real food recipes and nutrition news that you can use. Dr. Beauchamp is a regular contributor to Healthnotes Newswire.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy on Stomach
- Easy To Swallow
- Simple To Take
- Tastes Good
- Daily Use
Comments about MusclePharm® Combat Powder® - Banana Cream:
Best brand of protein I've ever had. I love this flavor and am definitely going to try more. Mixes very well and tastes great.
- Ask A Question