Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
Country LifeŽ All Natural Liquid-Target Mins- Calcium-Magnesium with Vitamin D3 Complex
There is a label available for this product. To view the label, click this icon or navigate to the "Label" tab below.
Country LifeŽ All Natural Liquid-Target Mins- Calcium-Magnesium with Vitamin D3 Complex32 fl.oz.
Free Membership with $10 Purchase! Details
Free Shipping on Orders of $99 or More! Details
AVAILABILITY: In stock, Ships in 1-2 full bus. days. Details
- 1,000 mg Calcium / 500 mg Magnesium / 400 I.U. Vitamin d3
Country Life® offers the unique Target-Mins delivery system for increased effectiveness with mineral supplementation. First, we use a complex of free-form amino acids and organic acids combined for increased absorption. Second, we use not only a 2 to 1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium but also a 2 to 1 ratio of Calcium to Phosphorus is key for proper mineral utilization, and Phosphorus plays an important role in bone structure. Based on these proven ratios, this product contains 1,000 mg of Calcium, 500 mg of Magnesium and 500 mg of Phosphorus. Third, we add vitamin d3 which has been shown to support proper regulation of the body's Calcium/Phosphorus ratio and activate osteoblast function to support healthy bone structures. This is all combined scientifically to ensue optimal support for bone health.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
Take one cap (1 fl. oz.) (29.59 mL) daily or as directed by a health care professional.
Serving Size 1 fl.oz. Servings Per Container 32 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 30.00 Other Carbohydrate 7.00 g Total Carbohydrates 7.00 g 2% Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 400.00 IU 100% Calcium (as calcium triphosphate citrate alpha-ketoglutarate asparate lysinate) 1000.00 mg 100% Phosphorus (as calcium triphosphate) 500.00 mg 50% Magnesium (as magnesium citrate aspartate alpha- ketoglutarate taurinate) 500.00 mg 125% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Shake well before use. Refrigerate after opening. If not refrigerated, use within 45 days. Country Life® Hauppauge, NY,11788
- Health Notes
Vitamin D May Extend LifespanVitamin D May Extend LifespanThe case for higher vitamin D levels is strongest for preventing heart disease, cancer, respiratory infections, tuberculosis, falls and fractures, and multiple sclerosisHaving enough vitamin D on board is essential for preventing disease and maintaining health, but the optimal blood level of vitamin D to ensure these benefits remains controversial. Preliminary research published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition estimates that by doubling current recommended vitamin D levels across the globe, more people would avoid disease and an early death, and people might extend their lifespans.
Higher levels, lower risk of death
Certain experts have questioned whether the current recommended blood levels and daily amounts of vitamin D are enough to best prevent disease and support health. This study looked at vitamin D levels across many countries and reviewed studies on the topic to explore whether higher blood levels of vitamin D, specifically 25-hydroxyvitamin D, were associated with a decreased incidence of death from common diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and respiratory infections.
Specifically, in this study, researchers reviewed the current scientific data on vitamin D to estimate whether higher blood levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (doubled from 54 nmol/L to 110 nmol/L) would reduce the death rate in the six global regions where vitamin D-sensitive diseases are prevalent.
- If recommended 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels were raised from 54 nmol/L to 110 nmol/L, the study authors estimate that death rates from any cause would be reduced, ranging from 7.6% for African women to 17.3% for European women, and they estimate reductions for men would be 0.6% lower than for women. The study authors speculate that such an increase in blood levels might increase life expectancy by as much as two years.
- The researchers conclude that the case for higher vitamin D levels is strongest for the prevention of heart disease, cancer, respiratory infections, tuberculosis, falls and fractures, and multiple sclerosis. The evidence is moderate for prevention of type 2 diabetes, sepsis (severe infections), and pre-eclampsia (when a woman develops high blood pressure during her pregnancy).
The study authors comment, "Increasing . . . D levels is the most cost-effective way to reduce global mortality rates, as the cost of vitamin D is very low and there are few adverse effects from oral intake and/or frequent moderate UVB (ultraviolet-B) irradiance with sufficient body surface area exposed." As the conclusions from this study are based primarily on preliminary research (that is, observational studies rather than randomized controlled trials), further research is needed to support these findings.
Tips and facts about vitamin D
- Talk with a doctor. Talk with a knowledgeable doctor about the benefits of checking your vitamin D levels; the daily amount that is recommended for you; and the risks and benefits of taking a vitamin D supplement.
- Consider sources for vitamin D. Vitamin D is obtained through: food and beverages such as fortified cereal and milk and fatty fish, such as salmon; sun exposure; or dietary supplements.
- Strive for a healthy life. It's important to realize that there isn't one magic pill or supplement that will ensure good health or a long life and that getting enough daily D is just one aspect of living a healthy life. A healthy life depends on a variety of consistent activities such as eating a balanced diet, getting enough of many types of vitamins and minerals, exercising daily, reducing exposure to environmental toxins, and reducing stress. Take important steps in your life today to achieve better health
(Eur J Clin Nutr 2011; 1-11,doi:10.1038/ejcn.2011.68)
Jane Hart, MD, board-certified in internal medicine, serves in a variety of professional roles including consultant, journalist, and educator. Dr. Hart, a Clinical Instructor at Case Medical School in Cleveland, Ohio, writes extensively about health and wellness and a variety of other topics for nationally recognized organizations, websites, and print publications. Sought out for her expertise in the areas of integrative and preventive medicine, she is frequently quoted by national and local media. Dr. Hart is a professional lecturer for healthcare professionals, consumers, and youth and is a regular corporate speaker.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy on Stomach
- Easy To Swallow
- Simple To Take
- Daily Use
Comments about Country Life® All Natural Liquid-Target Mins™- Calcium-Magnesium with Vitamin D3 Complex:
I am a chronic migraine sufferer and heard that magnesium would help. I have been taking this product for 60 days and my migraines have reduced from 15 per month down to 1.
- Ask A Question