Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
Labrada Nutrition® Lean Body - Cookies & Cream
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
40g of Protein
Award Winning Taste
Build Lean Muscle and Burn Fat!
Lean Body® Ready-to-Drink shakes provide quick, delicious lean muscle nutrition for athletes with little time for preparing meals. Just twist open the re-sealable top and enjoy Lean Body® satisfies your appetite, increases your energy levels, and makes you feel great. Use Lean Body® in conjunction with your exercise program to help you build lean muscle and burn fat.
- Award-Winning Taste. tastes like a delicious, creamy milkshake!
- 40 grams LeanPro® muscle building protein
- No Sugar-Zero! Lactose-Free!
- Patented flash-heat aseptic processing
- 25% more protein than other aseptic RTD's
- 50% less fat than other aseptic RTD's
- Patented New Container - Resealable top - drink it now and later!
- No trans fat. No hydrogenated oil.
- Nutritional Powerhouse - Fortified with 22 vitamins and minerals!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
1 Drink Box (17 fl. oz./ 500 mL)
Serving Size 1 Shake Servings Per Container 12 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories from Fat 80.00 Saturated Fat 1.00 g 5% Trans Fat 0.00 g Cholesterol 25.00 mg 8% Sodium 600.00 mg 25% Potassium 600.00 mg 17% Total Carbohydrate 9.00 g 3% Dietary Fiber 5.00 g 20% Protein 40.00 g 80% Calories 260.00 Sugars 0.00 g Total Fat 9.00 g 14% Vitamin A 0.00 25% Vitamin A 0.00 25% Vitamin B12 0.00 25% Vitamin B12 0.00 25% Vitamin B6 0.00 25% Vitamin B6 0.00 25% Vitamin C 0.00 25% Vitamin C 0.00 25% Vitamin D 0.00 25% Vitamin D 0.00 25% Vitamin E 0.00 25% Vitamin E 0.00 25% Vitamin K 0.00 25% Vitamin K 0.00 25% Riboflavin 0.00 25% Riboflavin 0.00 25% Pantothenic Acid 0.00 25% Pantothenic Acid 0.00 25% Iodine 0.00 25% Iodine 0.00 25% Zinc 0.00 25% Zinc 0.00 25% Copper 0.00 25% Copper 0.00 25% Chromium 0.00 25% Chromium 0.00 25% Iron 0.00 0% Iron 0.00 0% Thiamin 0.00 25% Thiamin 0.00 25% Niacin 0.00 25% Niacin 0.00 25% Folate 0.00 25% Folate 0.00 25% Biotin 0.00 25% Biotin 0.00 25% Phosphorus 0.00 50% Phosphorus 0.00 50% Magnesium 0.00 20% Magnesium 0.00 20% Selenium 0.00 25% Selenium 0.00 25% Manganese 0.00 25% Manganese 0.00 25% Molybdenum 0.00 25% Molybdenum 0.00 25% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Filtered Water, Filtered Water, Lean Pro® (Whey Peptides, Whey Protein Concentrate, Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine), Special blend of Spray Dried Ultrafiltered Milk Protein Isolate, Yielding Fast Acting Whey Protein Peptides, Slow acting Casein Peptides, L-Glutamine Peptides), Lean Pro® (Whey Peptides, Whey Protein Concentrate, Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine), Special blend of Spray Dried Ultrafiltered Milk Protein Isolate, Yielding Fast Acting Whey Protein Peptides, Slow acting Casein Peptides, L-Glutamine Peptides), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Natural & Artificial Flavors, High Oleic Safflower Oil, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Cocoa, Cocoa, FiberPlex™ (Carrageenan, Fructooligosaccharides, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Cellulose Gel), FiberPlex™ (Carrageenan, Fructooligosaccharides, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Cellulose Gel), Potassium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Soy Lecithin, Soy Lecithin, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium hexametaphosphate, Vitamin and Mineral Blend - (Biotin, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Acesulfame Potassium, Zinc (as Zinc Sulfate), Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Citrate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Copper Sulfate, Cyanocobalamin, Sodium Ascorbate, Phytonadione, Thiamin Mononitrate, Chromium Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Tocopherol Acetate), Vitamin and Mineral Blend - (Biotin, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Acesulfame Potassium, Zinc (as Zinc Sulfate), Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Citrate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Copper Sulfate, Cyanocobalamin, Sodium Ascorbate, Phytonadione, Thiamin Mononitrate, Chromium Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Tocopherol Acetate)
Developed by and manufactured for:
333 Northpark Central Drive
Houston TX 77073 U.S.A.
2009 LBN Inc.
- Health Notes
Better Fat Loss with a High-Protein DietBetter Fat Loss with a High-Protein DietPeople on the high-protein diet lost more weight due to body fat loss than people in the normal-protein diet groupThe increasing popularity of high-protein diets has raised concern about the possibility of long-term harm, especially bone loss. According to the FASEB Journal, however, a short-term low-calorie, high-protein diet may lead to greater fat loss and better preservation of muscle and bone than a low-calorie, normal-protein diet.
What's in a high-protein diet?
In the study, 39 physically active people who were normal weight or overweight, but not obese, were put on one of three diets:
- the normal-protein diet provided the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for protein: 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight per day (64 grams for an average 175-pound man and 47 grams for an average 130-pound woman),
- the high-protein diet provided twice the RDA (128 grams for an average 175-pound man and 94 grams for an average 130-pound woman), and
- the very-high-protein diet provided three times the RDA (192 grams for an average 175-pound man and 141 for an average 130-pound woman).
On all three diets, less than 30% of daily calories were from fat, and the total number of calories consumed per day was determined by weight for each individual in the study. For the first seven days, calorie consumption was intended to maintain weight, but for the next 21 days, calorie consumption was reduced in order to trigger weight loss.
Eating protein leads to less body fat
Throughout the study, the researchers monitored body weight, body composition (muscle, fat, and bone mass), and rate of muscle tissue production. They found:
- During the low-calorie phase of the study, the average weight loss was 3.2 kilograms (about 7 pounds) and was similar in all of the diet groups.
- People on the high-protein and very-high-protein diets lost more weight due to body fat loss than people in the normal-protein diet group. They also lost less of their lean body mass (including muscle and bone) during weight loss.
- Muscle tissue production during the weight-maintenance phase was maintained during the low-calorie phase in both the high-protein and very-high-protein diet groups, but muscle production decreased along with calories in the normal-protein group.
- Weight loss, changes in body composition, and rates of muscle production were the same in the high-protein and very-high-protein diet groups.
"The major finding from this controlled, human trial was that consuming dietary protein at levels above the RDA spared fat-free mass while promoting the loss of body fat in response to short-term, moderate energy deficit [calorie shortage]," the study's authors said. In addition, their findings suggested that increasing protein intake above twice the RDA did not add extra benefits.
Short-term protein power
Although the long-term safety of high-protein diets is still in question, this study shows that a high-protein weight-loss diet may protect bones and muscles in the short term. If you're considering a high-protein weight-loss diet, be sure to consult with a healthcare professional about these and other options for increasing intake:
- Fish. Like beef, chicken, and pork, a 4-ounce serving of fish may have between 20 and 30 grams of protein.
- Beans and soy. A cup of cooked beans gives as much as 20 grams of protein, a half-cup of tofu has 10 grams, and a half-cup of tempeh (a fermented soy food) has about 16 grams.
- Cheese and eggs. A half-cup of cottage cheese has 15 grams of protein and a couple of eggs has about 12 grams.
- Peanut butter. You'll get 8 grams of protein from 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
(FASEB J 2013;27:3837-47)Maureen Williams, ND, completed her doctorate in naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University in Seattle and has been in private practice since 1995. With an abiding commitment to access to care, she has worked in free clinics in the US and Canada, and in rural clinics in Guatemala and Honduras where she has studied traditional herbal medicine. She currently lives and practices in Victoria, BC, and lectures and writes extensively for both professional and community audiences on topics including family nutrition, menopause, anxiety and depression, heart disease, cancer, and easing stress. Dr. Williams is a regular contributor to Healthnotes Newswire.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Value
- Tastes Good
- Tastes GREAT cold
- Daily Use
- Dietary Replacement
- Meal replacement
- Short on time
Comments about Labrada Nutrition® Lean Body - Cookies & Cream:
I keep a few of these shakes in my refrigerator at work to help increase my protein intake. These REALLY come in handy in a pinch, especially if I'm working late or forget to bring a meal with me. Quality product...highly recommended!
- Ask A Question