Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
MusclePharm™ Combat Powder - Chocolate
Sale Price: $51.99
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
A precision engineered matrix, COMBAT POWDERŪ is the ultimate timed-release protein super-food! Each of the distinct protein sources found within COMBAT POWDERŪ digest at varying rates – because of this unique feature, amino acids not only flood into the bloodstream within minutes after consumption, but will also continuously be "trickle fed" to your muscles for up to 8 hours afterward!
WHAT'S IN COMBAT POWDERŪ?
COMBAT'S Powerful Protein Sources:
- WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE – Highest available yield of protein, gram for gram, of any whey protein source, WPI absorbs quickly into the muscle tissues, and has immune-boosting properties to protect the body system during periods of intense training.
- PARTIALLY HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN – Hydrolyzed whey is protein that's been broken down into fast- absorbing peptides. The fastest absorbing of all forms of whey, hydrolyzed whey hits the bloodstream first, providing a rapid infusion of muscle-building amino acids.
- MICELLAR CASEIN – very slow-digesting, micellar casein has the capability of slowly infusing amino acids over several hours, protecting muscle tissue from breakdown over time. There is no substitute for the anti-catabolic effects of micellar casein.
- WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE – closer to the whole food sources than other whey proteins, concentrate contains real food subfractions such as alpha-lactoglobulins and lactoferrins, with specific immune-boosting and muscle-building properties.
- EGG ALBUMEN – highly bio-available and well-tolerated by most individuals, egg albumen has a high BCAA content and arginine. Egg albumen is a powerful contributor to hormone production and the muscle-building process.
- DIGESTIVE ENZYME BLEND: Digestive enzymes break down food along the digestive tract so that nutrients can be absorbed into the bloodstream. COMBAT contains 60mg of a Digestive Enzyme Blend to aid in the digestion and absorption of the key muscle-building proteins contained herein. The body cannot absorb what it cannot break down. The added Digestive Enzyme Blend ensures maximum utilization of COMBAT's muscle-building protein component.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 to 2 scoops of COMBAT POWDER® with 8-12 fl oz of cold water. Vary the amount of water to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal muscle growth.
FOR MEN: As a dietary supplement, mix 2 scoops (providing 48 grams of protein) with 8-12 fl oz of cold water or any beverage you prefer. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal muscle growth. To increase your protein intake per serving and achieve a delicious milkshake taste, use skim or low fat milk instead of water.
FOR WOMEN: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop (providing 24 grams of protein) with 4-6 fl oz of cold water or any beverage you prefer. Vary the amount of water to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume 2-3 times a day for optimal body shaping requirements. To increase your protein intake per serving and achieve a delicious milkshake taste, use skim or low fat milk instead of water.
Serving Size 1 scoop Servings Per Container 65 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 150.00 Calories from Fat 30.00 Total Fat 3.00 g 4% Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3% Trans Fat 0.00 Cholesterol 21.00 mg 7% Sodium 96.00 mg 4% Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4% Sugars 3.00 g Total Carbohydrates 6.00 g Potassium 250.00 mg 7% protein 24.00 g 48% Calcium 0.00 10% Iron 0.00 4% Thiamin 0.00 2% Riboflavin 0.00 6% Niacin 0.00 15% Folate 0.00 6% Vitamin B12 0.00 15% Pantothenic Acid 0.00 4% Phosphorus 0.00 8% Magnesium 0.00 4% Zinc 0.00 2% Copper 0.00 2% Multi-Level Amino Acid Growth Matrix 35.00 g 0% Combat Powder Proprietary Time Release System 0.00 ** Digestive Enzyme Blend 0.00 ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Cocoa, Inulin, Soya Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Potassium Citrate
Storage Instructions: Store at 15-30C (59-86F). Protect from heat, light and moisture. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
Warning: This product is intended for use as a food supplement only. Not a sole source of nutrition.
Do not use this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Before using this product consult with your physician if you are using any prescription or over the counter medication or if you have orsuspect you have any pre-existing medical condition.
Discontinue use and consult your health care professional if you experience any adverse reaction to this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Contains Egg and ingredients from Milk. Made in a plant that also processes egg, soy, peanut, tree nut, fish, crustaceans/shellfish, and wheat products
Muscle Pharm, PO Box 1961, Arvada, CO, 80001
- Health Notes
The Bright Side of Dark ChocolateThe Bright Side of Dark ChocolateResearchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on cognitive and vision testsChocolate is no longer considered a diet-busting indulgence-as long as it's the dark variety. Studies have shown heart health benefits and now we can add better vision and clearer thinking to the list of advantages we may gain by enjoying this favorite treat (in moderation).
Capturing chocolate's benefits
Researchers invited 30 healthy, college students to participate in a study to examine the effects of chocolate on vision and thinking (cognitive) abilities. For the first portion of the study, half of the participants ate a single serving of dark chocolate, while the other half ate white chocolate. For the second portion of the study, the groups switched to the other type of chocolate, and for one week in between, participants ate no chocolate at all.
Everyone in the study completed tests of visual function and thinking ability approximately two hours after eating 35 grams (1.25 ounces) of dark or white chocolate. The researchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on these tests than those eating white chocolate:
- Contrast sensitivity: The ability to distinguish an object from its background
- Visual motion detection: The ability to determine the direction of motion of objects in an image
- Spatial memory: The ability to remember types and arrangements of shapes in an image, specific features of your physical environment, and where you are within that environment
- Reaction time: Tested by how quickly a person could press one of three buttons on a computer keyboard in response to letters or numbers that appeared on the screen
Why color matters
Dark chocolate contains dozens of nutrients called flavonols and health experts theorize that dark chocolate improves brain function because flavonols improve blood flow to the brain. This study supports this hypothesis: that improvements in visual and thinking ability after eating dark chocolate indicate this food may improve brain function. White chocolate does not contain these healthful nutrients.
These tips for enjoying dark chocolate just may give your brain that extra edge to power through the toughest mental tasks, without expanding your waistline.
- Stick to chocolate that is 60% (or greater) cocoa. Skip the candy bars. Dark chocolate, not milk chocolate, is a source of healthful flavonols.
- Exercise portion control. 1 or 2 ounces of chocolate-just a few squares-is enough to reap potential health benefits of this food. Smaller portions will help you avoid overdoing it and gaining weight.
- Drink up. Dark chocolate cocoa, which you can make at home with pure dark cocoa powder, a teaspoon of sugar, and skim, soy, rice, or almond milk, offers another way to get this healthy treat into your diet when the temperatures drop.
- Feast on flavonols. If you want additional (or alternative) low-calorie options for boosting flavonols in your diet, try yellow onions, scallions, kale, broccoli, apples, berries, and green and black tea, all of which contain similar nutrients to those found in dark chocolate.
(Physiol Behav 2011; 103:255-60)
Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy To Swallow
- Good Value
- Quick Results
- Tastes Good
- Daily Use
- Dietary Replacement
- For Workouts
- Post workout
Comments about MusclePharm™ Combat Powder™ - Chocolate:
After using AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60 and making the transition to this product, I am VERY pleased with the results. I have had tremendous results with the combination of muscle stamina and explosive movements (not to mention a cut and bulk look combination). For people serious about their results this is an AWESOME product, hands down.
- Easy To Mix
- Easy To Swallow
- Daily Use
- For Workouts
Comments about MusclePharm™ Combat Powder™ - Chocolate:
Does what its supposed to and doesnt taste bad
- Ask A Question