- Product Images
- Product Videos
Nordic Naturals® ULTIMATE OMEGA-D3
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
Natural Triglyceride Form
Purified Fish Oil with Vitamin D3 for Immune Function and Bone Health*
Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega-D3 provides a high concentration of health-promoting omega-3 fats with added natural vitamin D3, both required nutrients.* Ultimate Omega-D3 supports strong immune function and bone health.*
*All Nordic Naturals fish oils surpass all pharmaceutical standards for freshness and purity. Every batch is third-party tested, showing no detected levels of heavy metals, dioxins, or PCBs.
- Supplement Facts
Suggested Use: Two soft gels daily, with food, or as directed by your health care professional or pharmacist.
Serving Size 2 softgels Servings Per Container 120 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 20.00 Calories from Fat 18.00 Saturated Fat 0.10 g 1% Trans Fat 0.00 Total Fat 2.00 g 3% Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 1000.00 IU 250% Vitamin E (as d-alpha Tocopherol) 30.00 IU 100% EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 650.00 mg ** DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 450.00 mg ** Other Omega-3s 180.00 mg ** Total Omega-3s 1280.00 mg ** Other Omega-3s ** ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid) ** EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) ** DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) ** Oleic Acid (Omega-9) 56.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: purified deep sea fish oil (from anchovies and sardines), soft gel capsule (gelatin, water, glycerin, natural lemon oil), Natural Lemon Oil, vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol in sesame oil),, d-alpha tocopherol, Rosemary Extract
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool dry place. Protect from heat, light and moisture.
Warning: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Do not take if tamper evident seal is broken or missing.
No gluten, yeast, milk derivatives, or artificial colors or flavors.Contains vitamin E derived from refined soybean oil.
NORDIC NATURALS, INCWatsonville, CA 95076
- Health Notes
Omega-6 Fatty AcidsOmega-6 Fatty AcidsThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:AtherosclerosisDose: Follow label instructions Though the effect has not been studied with supplements, an analysis of several controlled trials found that replacing saturated fats in the diet with omega-6 fats reduces the risk of coronary heart disease. (more)Rheumatoid ArthritisDose: Refer to label instructions(more)AtherosclerosisDose: Follow label instructions A diet high in omega-6 fatty acids, found in certain vegetable oils such as corn, safflower, grapeseed, and sunflower oil, and in other foods such as nuts and seeds, appears to protect against atherosclerosis. Higher dietary intake or high body levels of omega-6 fatty acids has been associated with reduced coronary heart disease risk in numerous preliminary studies,1 and an analysis of several controlled trials found that replacing saturated fats in the diet with omega-6 fats reduces the risk of coronary heart disease by an average of 24%.2References
1. Harris WS, Mozaffarian D, Rimm E, et al. Omega-6 fatty acids and risk for cardiovascular disease: a science advisory from the American Heart Association Nutrition Subcommittee of the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism; Council on Cardiovascular Nursing; and Council on Epidemiology and Prevention. Circulation 2009;119:902-7 [review].
2. Gordon DJ. Lowering cholesterol and total mortality. In: Rifkin BM, ed. Lowering cholesterol in high-risk individuals and populations. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker, Inc; 1995:33- 48.Rheumatoid ArthritisDose: Refer to label instructionsArachidonic acid is an omega-6 fatty acid found in animal fats that the body uses to make inflammatory substances. In a controlled study,1 people with rheumatoid arthritis were instructed to reduce their arachidonic acid intake to less than 90 mg per day by eating minimal amounts of meat, no egg yolks, and only low-fat milk products. Compared with a group following a typical Western diet, the low arachidonic acid diet led to a 14% reduction in the number of tender and swollen joints. A second part of this study also found that the anti-inflammatory benefits of fish oil were significantly better when combined with the low arachidonic acid diet.References
Omega-6 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids that perform essential functions in the human body. The most abundant member of this family in food and in the body is linoleic acid. Other members include gamma-linolenic acid and arachidonic acid. Linoleic acid is considered an essential fatty acid since it cannot be synthesized by the body. However, other members of the omega-6 family can be made from linoleic acid.
Omega-6 fatty acids have numerous important roles in the body.1 They contribute to the structure and function of cell membranes and play a part in the regulation of gene activity inside the cell. Arachidonic acid is especially abundant in the brain, and may be important for normal brain development of the fetus and infant. Both arachidonic acid and gamma-linolenic acid can be converted to prostaglandins and related substances that affect inflammation, blood clotting, smooth muscle tone, and many other body activities.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Daily Use
Comments about Nordic Naturals® ULTIMATE OMEGA-D3:
use twice daily. Like any other vitamin, there are no immediately obvious effects. The gel caps seem to be a little softer than other brands I've tried, but seem to do OK.
- Ask A Question