Disclaimer: This scientific independent research is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational use only. GNC provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. Likewise, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.I accept these terms
- Product Images
- Product Videos
ABB Performance Pure Pro® - Chocolate
Sale Price: $34.99
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- More Sizes Available
Heavy on flavor, stingy with fat and sugar. This thick, creamy shake leaves plenty of room for 35 grams of milk, casein, and whey proteins teaming with muscle building Essential Amino Acids and BCAA's. That's how ABB helps you realize greater goals.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Supplement Facts
For Post-Workout Recovery: Begin drinking one (1) Pure Pro® Shake immediately upon completeing your workout. For Hi-Protein daily nutrition: Drink one (1) to three (3) bottles of Pure Pro® Shake to support your daily high protein and calorie needs. As a general rule, consume approximately one (1) gram of protein per pound of body weight per day, split evenly over five (5) to seven (7) meals and supplements.
Serving Size 1 bottles Servings Per Container 12 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 170.00 Calories from Fat 10.00 Total Fat 1.00 g 0% Saturated Fat 0.50 g 0% Trans Fat 0.00 Cholesterol 15.00 mg 0% Sodium 45.00 mg 0% Potassium 310.00 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 5.00 g 0% Dietary Fiber 3.00 g 0% Sugars 1.00 g Protein 35.00 g 0% Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin A 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% Vitamin C 0.00 0% Calcium 0.00 80% Calcium 0.00 80% Iron 0.00 8% Iron 0.00 8% ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Water, Water, Protein Blend (Egg Albumen, Sweet Dairy Whey, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Concentrate), Protein Blend (Egg Albumen, Sweet Dairy Whey, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Concentrate), alkaline processed cocoa, alkaline processed cocoa, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Sucralose, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gel, Acesulfame Potassium, Acesulfame Potassium, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Carrageenan, Carrageenan
Storage Instructions: Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Warning: Not intended as a sole source of nutrition
Do Not Use For Weight Reduction
Contains Milk Ingredients
Manufactured and distributed by: ABB Performance Walterboro, SC 29488
- Health Notes
The Bright Side of Dark ChocolateThe Bright Side of Dark ChocolateResearchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on cognitive and vision testsChocolate is no longer considered a diet-busting indulgence-as long as it's the dark variety. Studies have shown heart health benefits and now we can add better vision and clearer thinking to the list of advantages we may gain by enjoying this favorite treat (in moderation).
Capturing chocolate's benefits
Researchers invited 30 healthy, college students to participate in a study to examine the effects of chocolate on vision and thinking (cognitive) abilities. For the first portion of the study, half of the participants ate a single serving of dark chocolate, while the other half ate white chocolate. For the second portion of the study, the groups switched to the other type of chocolate, and for one week in between, participants ate no chocolate at all.
Everyone in the study completed tests of visual function and thinking ability approximately two hours after eating 35 grams (1.25 ounces) of dark or white chocolate. The researchers found that those eating dark chocolate performed significantly better on these tests than those eating white chocolate:
- Contrast sensitivity: The ability to distinguish an object from its background
- Visual motion detection: The ability to determine the direction of motion of objects in an image
- Spatial memory: The ability to remember types and arrangements of shapes in an image, specific features of your physical environment, and where you are within that environment
- Reaction time: Tested by how quickly a person could press one of three buttons on a computer keyboard in response to letters or numbers that appeared on the screen
Why color matters
Dark chocolate contains dozens of nutrients called flavonols and health experts theorize that dark chocolate improves brain function because flavonols improve blood flow to the brain. This study supports this hypothesis: that improvements in visual and thinking ability after eating dark chocolate indicate this food may improve brain function. White chocolate does not contain these healthful nutrients.
These tips for enjoying dark chocolate just may give your brain that extra edge to power through the toughest mental tasks, without expanding your waistline.
- Stick to chocolate that is 60% (or greater) cocoa. Skip the candy bars. Dark chocolate, not milk chocolate, is a source of healthful flavonols.
- Exercise portion control. 1 or 2 ounces of chocolate-just a few squares-is enough to reap potential health benefits of this food. Smaller portions will help you avoid overdoing it and gaining weight.
- Drink up. Dark chocolate cocoa, which you can make at home with pure dark cocoa powder, a teaspoon of sugar, and skim, soy, rice, or almond milk, offers another way to get this healthy treat into your diet when the temperatures drop.
- Feast on flavonols. If you want additional (or alternative) low-calorie options for boosting flavonols in your diet, try yellow onions, scallions, kale, broccoli, apples, berries, and green and black tea, all of which contain similar nutrients to those found in dark chocolate.
(Physiol Behav 2011; 103:255-60)
Suzanne Dixon, MPH, MS, RD, an author, speaker, and internationally recognized expert in chronic disease prevention, epidemiology, and nutrition, has taught medical, nursing, public health, and alternative medicine coursework. She has delivered over 150 invited lectures to health professionals and consumers and is the creator of a nutrition website acclaimed by the New York Times and Time magazine. Suzanne received her training in epidemiology and nutrition at the University of Michigan, School of Public Health at Ann Arbor.
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy To Mix
- Easy To Swallow
- Tastes Good
- Daily Use
- Dietary Replacement
Comments about ABB Performance Pure Pro® - Chocolate:
Excellent meal replacement for post workout.
- Taste good
- TASTE GREAT
- Tastes Good
- Lower price
- Price can be lower
- After group x classes
- After resistant workout
- After trainning
- After Workout
- After workout classes
- Post group x classes
- Post resistant workout
- Post trainning
- Post workout
- Post workout classes
Comments about ABB Performance Pure Pro® - Chocolate:
my trainner introduced this product to me awhile ago :-) this product taste great :-) i am lactose intolerance [spell?] aka allergic to milk! and i still able to drink this product with no problem :-) only bad thing about this product is the price :-( the price is pretty high/expensive :-(
this product is delicious :-)
- Ask A Question