- Product Images
- Product Videos
GinsaGold® Triple Ginsa
- People Who Buy This Also Bought
- You May Also Be Interested In
- Similar Items
- More Sizes Available
Ginseng is a product used to support vitality and overall well-being*
- Supplement Facts
As a dietary supplement, take one or two capsules daily.daily.
Serving Size 1 Capsule Servings Per Container 200 Amount Per Serving % DV Panax Ginseng Root Extract (Panax Ginseng)(3% Ginsenosides = 12 mg) 400.00 mg ** American Ginseng Root Extract ( Panax quinquefolium)(3% Ginsenosides = 6mg) 200.00 mg ** Siberian Root Extract (Eleutherococcus senticosus)(0.8% Eleuthorsides = 0.8mg) 100.00 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Cellulose
No Sugar, No Artificial Color, No Artificial Flavors, Sodium Free, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Soy, No Dairy, Yeast Free
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool and dry place.
Warning: Consult your physician prior to using this product if you are pregnant, nursing or taking medication, or have a medical condition. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Consult your physician prior to using this product it you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, under 18 years of age or have a medical condition. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Potency of ginsenosides and eleutherosides verified by GNC procedures #5131 & #5276.
GNC QUALITY COMMITMENT
GNC is the leader in the development and manufacture of dietary supplements, committed to producing the highest quality products available. This commitment begins with quality designed supplement formulations. Every raw material that goes into a GNC supplement is guaranteed as to quality and potency. Each product is dated and then shipped immediately to our stores, so you can be sure you are purchasing the freshest supplements available. At GNC, we extend our quality commitment to you by offering our money-back guarantee.GNC GUARANTEE
Use any GNC supplement for as little as 10 days. If you are not 100% completely satisfied, return the unused portion of the product with proof of purchase to your GNC store for a complete refund of your purchase price. No questions asked!
For more information: 1-888-462-2548
SHOP NOW @ GNC.COM
Distributed by: General Nutrition Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
MADE IN THE USAConforms to USP <2091> for weight.
Meets USP <2040> disintegration.
- Health Notes
American GinsengAmerican GinsengThis nutrient has been used in connection with the following health goals
- Reliable and relatively consistent scientific data showing a substantial health benefit.
Our proprietary "Star-Rating" system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
This supplement has been used in connection with the following health conditions:Common Cold and Sore ThroatDose: 400 mg per day of a freeze-dried extractIn a double-blind study, supplementing with American ginseng significantly reduced the number of colds that people experienced over a four-month period.(more)InfectionDose: Refer to label instructionsAmerican ginseng supports the immune system and protects against microbes.(more)Type 2 DiabetesDose: 3 grams with or following mealsSupplementing with American ginseng may help improve blood sugar control.(more)Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsAsian ginseng has been associated with improved athletic performance, though findings have been inconsistent. Its cousin, American ginseng, was found ineffective at improving endurance exercise performance in untrained people after one week. It is possible that different amounts and durations might affect results.(more)Common Cold and Sore ThroatDose: 400 mg per day of a freeze-dried extract
In a double-blind study, supplementation with American ginseng significantly reduced by 27% the number of colds that people experienced over a four-month period, compared with a placebo.1 The amount used in this study was 400 mg per day of a freeze-dried extract.ReferencesInfectionDose: Refer to label instructions
Herbs that support a person's immune system in the fight against microbes include the following: American ginseng, andrographis, Asian ginseng, astragalus, coriolus, eleuthero, ligustrum, maitake, picrorhiza, reishi, schisandra, and shiitake.1ReferencesType 2 DiabetesDose: 3 grams with or following mealsIn a small preliminary trial, 3 grams of American ginseng was found to lower the rise in blood sugar following the consumption of a high-glucose drink by people with type 2 diabetes.1 The study found no difference in blood sugar-lowering effect if the herb was taken either 40 minutes before the drink or at the same time. A follow-up to this study found that increasing the amount of American ginseng to either 6 or 9 grams did not increase the effect on blood sugar following the high-glucose drink in people with type 2 diabetes.2 This study also found that American ginseng was equally effective in controlling the rise in blood sugar whether it was given together with the drink or up to two hours before.References
1. Vuksan V, Sivenpiper JL, Koo VYY, et al. American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) reduces postprandial glycemia in nondiabetic subjects and subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:1009-13.
2. Vuksan V, Sivenpiper JL, Koo VYY, et al. American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) reduces postprandial glycemia in nondiabetic subjects and subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med 2000;160:1009-13.Athletic PerformanceDose: Refer to label instructionsExtensive but often poorly designed studies have been conducted on the use of Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) to improve athletic performance.1, 2While some early controlled studies suggested there might be benefits, several recent double-blind trials have found no significant effects of Asian ginseng on endurance exercise.3, 4, 5In many studies, it is possible that ginseng was used in insufficient amounts or for an inadequate length of time; a more effective regimen for enhancing endurance performance may be 2 grams of powdered root per day or 200 to 400 mg per day of an extract standardized for 4% ginsenosides, taken for eight to twelve weeks.6Short-term intense exercise has also not been helped by Asian ginseng according to double-blind trials,7, 8 but one controlled study reported increased pectoral and quadricep muscle strength in non-exercising men and women after taking 1 gram per day of Asian ginseng for six weeks.9
An extract of a related plant, American Gingseng (Panax quinquefolius), was found ineffective at improving endurance exercise performance in untrained people after one week's supplementation in a double-blind study.10Standardized extracts of American ginseng, unlike Asian ginseng, are not known. However, dried root powder, 1-3 grams per day in capsule or tablet form, can be used. Some herbalists also recommend 3-5 ml of tincture three times per day.References
1. Bahrke MS, Morgan WP. Evaluation of the ergogenic properties of ginseng. Sports Med 1994;18:229-48 [review].
2. Bahrke MS, Morgan WR. Evaluation of the ergogenic properties of ginseng: an update. Sports Med 2000;29:113-33 [review].
3. Engels HJ, Wirth JC. No ergogenic effects of ginseng (Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer) during graded maximal aerobic exercise. J Am Diet Assoc 1997;97:1110-5.
4. Allen JD, McLung J, Nelson AG, Welsch M. Ginseng supplementation does not enhance healthy young adults' peak aerobic exercise performance. J Am Coll Nutr 1998;17:462-6.
5. Bahrke MS, Morgan WR. Evaluation of the ergogenic properties of ginseng: an update. Sports Med 2000;29:113-33 [review].
6. Bucci LR. Selected herbals and human exercise performance. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;72:624S-36S [review].
7. Engels HJ, Fahlman MM, Wirth JC. Effects of ginseng on secretory IgA, performance, and recovery from interval exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2003;35:690-6.
8. Engels HJ, Kolokouri I, Cieslak TJ 2nd, Wirth JC. Effects of ginseng supplementation on supramaximal exercise performance and short-term recovery. J Strength Cond Res 2001;15:290-5.
9. McNaughton L. A comparison of Chinese and Russian ginseng as ergogenic aids to improve various facets of physical fitness. Int Clin Nutr Rev 1989;9:32-5.
10. Morris AC, Jacobs I, McLellan TM, et al. No ergogenic effect on ginseng ingestion. Int J Sport Nutr 1996;6:263-71.
Parts Used & Where Grown
Like its more familiar cousin Asian ginseng(Panax ginseng), the root of American ginseng is used medicinally. The plant grows wild in shady forests of the northern and central United States, as well as in parts of Canada. It is cultivated in the United States, China, and France.
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
To view the Label you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html
- Ratings and Reviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Good Taste
- Good Value
- No Side Effects
- Daily Use
- Good Supplement
Comments about GNC GINSA GOLD GinsaGold® Triple Ginsa:
Beause it's a capsule, this product is quite easy to take
- Daily Use
Comments about GNC GINSA GOLD GinsaGold® Triple Ginsa:
I use this as an energy supplement and find that it works.
- Ask A Question