What’s The Deal With Keto?
The ketogenic diet—"keto” for short—is a diet that includes lots of fat, a moderate amount of protein and a small amount of carbs. We know that starting a new diet can be intimidating, but don’t stress! If you’re on the keto diet—or just considering it—we’ve got fun and easy ways to incorporate keto into your busy schedule with recipes, meal plans and more.
Resources For Your Keto Lifestyle
Looking for an in-depth take on keto? Or maybe you could use a keto-friendly grocery list? We’ve got articles for every step of your journey.
See articles >
Check out our comprehensive set of high-fat, low carb recipes for meals, snacks, dressings and more.
See recipes >
Our low-carb, keto-friendly meal plans will give you ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
See meal plans >
KETO PRODUCTS WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE
KetoLogic® Keto BHB
Simply GoodFats® Creamy MCT™
bpi Health Keto Weight Loss™
FBOMB® Keto Krunch
Sports Research™ 100% Pure & Premium MCT Oil
Rapid Fire™ Ketogenic Creamer
Rapid Fire™ Ketogenic Coffee
Your Keto Questions, Answered:
- FATS/OILS: Fat is your new best friend! Choose from the following: olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, butter, coconut butter, clarified butter, lard, tallow and palm shortening.
- MEAT: Everything is on the menu! You can have beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, bacon, sausage, hot dogs, salami and pork belly. Don’t bother trimming or draining the fat.
- SEAFOOD: Expand your palate with options from the ocean like salmon, trout, cod, halibut, mahi-mahi, sea bass, lobster, shrimp, mussels, scallops, oysters, crab and squid.
- EGGS: A delicious source of protein and fat—just make sure you eat the yolks!
- VEGETABLES: Stick to veggies within your carbohydrate guidelines that grow above the ground. These include avocado, spinach, kale, lettuce, cabbage, zucchini, eggplant, spaghetti squash, asparagus, broccoli, cucumbers and peppers. You can also have garlic and onions.
- FRUITS: Enjoy raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, lemons and limes in moderation and within your carbohydrate guideline.
- DAIRY: Get ready to enjoy full-fat cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and heavy cream.
- NUTS AND SEEDS: Loaded with fiber, protein, and healthy fat, nuts and seeds deliver an energy boost throughout the day. Snack on almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- BEVERAGES: Hydrate and replenish with more than just water! Tasty options include almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, club soda, tea, coffee (with heavy cream) and chicken or beef stock.
- COOKING/BAKING EXTRAS: Keep these on hand to cook your keto favorites: almond flour, cacao nibs, dark chocolate, hot sauce, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, stevia and vanilla extract.
- SUGAR: Say goodbye to all foods and beverages made with sugar! Sugar goes by many different names, so stay away from honey, maple syrup, corn syrup, rice malt syrup, sucrose, barley malt, agave nectar, molasses and cane juice. There are dozens more, so always check nutrition labels for carbohydrate content!
- STARCH: This includes all forms like beans, legumes and starchy vegetables. In addition, it’s a good idea to avoid all hot and cold cereals, plus oats, rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, flour and corn tortillas, flour and corn-based cookies and crackers, quinoa and lentils.
- FRUIT: Avoid fruits with higher sugar content, such as apples, bananas, peaches and oranges—and it doesn’t matter if they’re fresh, dried or frozen! Also steer clear of raisins and dates.
- PROCESSED OILS: Stay away from cottonseed oil, soybean oil and margarine.
- DAIRY: Don’t drink low-fat milk, flavored yogurt or yogurt with fruit.